Why play a cleric?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sirene_Fippy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Ardin Elder

Really? Where? In a perfect world? :p
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I agree completely - though unfortunately many of the groups I've seen enjoy playing in the style of 3 players + 3 (often cleric) mercs, as many people as you can pile on. That being said, playing a cleric in PoWar is awesome and the most fun I've had in a long time.
  3. Tour Augur

I love the Plane of War. The content is noticeably more difficult and rewards those who know how to play their class - whatever class that is. The mechanics, the adds, the AoE's, the fact that (almost) everything ramps, the aggro altering buffs, the names, the defense decreasing debuffs, all make healing so much more fun and interesting. Hell I even like the bugs, the fact that you can get multiple Judicators, or that stuff aggros through walls and floors and you can get huge trains to deal with. Yes, they should fix all that of course, but that's fun to heal through and pull out a win. You can't just stroll in there with a box crew, or pet tanks, or some mercs, and expect to do really well. A very nice increase in difficulty over the trivialness in CoTF that makes playing a cleric really fun.
  4. ptah Augur

Different situations different feelings.

Im not a solo or Molo CLR. Attempted it. Hated it.
    Group game outside of PoW Is boring. With the standard set up 6 players.
    Raid healing. 100% love it. Similar to a DPS chasing numbers. I chase spells cast, keep everyone up, rez the dead. I take it personally if someone is killed in group or extended window. I love the random tells thanking me. I am an attention in this setting. Cant seem to recreate this feeling with any other class or setting. Playing a bard or Chanter in mega group setting is close but not it.
    Or maybe its just the redbull or 5 hour energy and online p orn between raids.. im not sure.
  5. Grelthur Elder

100% agree with this. Constantly swapping targets to try and keep everyone healed as efficiently as possible is the only thing that makes some of these raids interesting. As soon as it turns into a "here we go with single tank heals with no AE's or adds to worry about" is when the nukes come out, just so I don't fall asleep, LOL.