why not lock servers at PoP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by xuzl999, May 19, 2020.

1. xuzl999 New Member

People threw a huge fit to get the rule sets changed and what I find hilarious is that most of the people /crying /whining will quit after PoP raid scene is no longer bearing fruit.
    Jimmy2times likes this.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

Agnarr exists
    Kutsuu and Bobbybick like this.
  3. Bruteforce New Member

Aradune should be PoP locked and merge Agnarr later.
    Rizlona should proceed as Mangler or previous TLPs.
  4. Hinastorm86 Augur

You're right, alot will quit around that time, sadly.

But we like the option to continue forward. Personally unless they come out with a server that has no truebox and a truly different ruleset (something at least as interesting as selo) I won't ever be leaving Rizlona.

I've tried my best to understand people who want a PoP lock, but have been unable to. I just can't understand the appeal of sitting in an expansion forever.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

POP lock is mainly bad because it infringes on the illusion that you're doing something with any lasting significance.
  6. Machen New Member

Why not play on the pop locked server that already exists if that's what you want...

Also the population dropped on Agnarr far faster when it hit pop than any other TLP, previous or since.
  7. Jimmy2times Elder

OP I like your post. I too think one should be locked and one should continue on. Both groups get what they want.

For people that have the same argument of “I don’t understand how people want to be locked in an expansion...” and so on.. Do you think this game is going to continue for eternity as much as I want it too? Agnarr has a dedicated player base as well. There are other games that won’t ever have expansions again like diablo 2 that people still play a lot of just to name one game. PoP/LDoN is a good era and then y’all can merge the server come on DPG. You guys flipped when everyone lost their minds when you announced the rule set. At least make one as before and the other to continue on into “eternity”.
  8. Jimmy2times Elder

Source?

Since we are making stuff up... Brad is playing on aradune... I seent it wif my own 2 eyez.

Also, the whole agnarr already exists so go play there for pop locked... same can be said for every other TLP mangler ect. exists so go play there for a full progression server.
  9. Machen New Member

No, because the two servers aren't the same.

Both groups already get what they want with the current arrangement. Want a server that's locked to pop? Agnarr is that way... You've already got it.
  10. Machen New Member

Agnarrprogress.com

Compare to phinnyprogress.com, manglerprogress.com, coirnavprogress.com

Agnarr lost half of its guilds from luclin-->pop.

The other similar servers each lost between 0-15% of their guilds in that same transition.

Coirnavprogress is down atm it looks like, but Phinny went from 22 guilds in luclin to 22 guilds in pop, zero loss. Mangler went from 16 to 14, 12.5% loss.
  11. Terranos Elder

12. Sikkun Augur

Outside of Fippy what TLP are people not still raiding on?
  13. Hinastorm86 Augur

As someone who does not understand the desire for a PoP lock.......

Just saying "Agnarr is that way" to every person who wants it is a little simplistic. Agnarr has been around forever and is super top heavy. If I hypothetically wanted a PoP lock, i'd much rather have a new server than trying to catch up from nothing on agnarr.
  14. Machen New Member

None. Ragefire is going strong, Selos still has pop, Phinny still has pop four years in and almost to live, Coirnav still has some although I think the low xp compared to Mangler hurt them badly when Mangler released....

Agnarr on the other hand, one guild left still raiding I hear? So that's something I guess.
  15. Machen New Member

The argument we heard constantly for Agnarr, before DPG decided to do a pop locked server, was that with PoP lock it would always be super easy to catch up, you'd never be far behind, and there would always be new people starting fresh to join while leveling.

We've heard the same argument from people who want a new one now.

I'm calling shenanigans.
  16. Hinastorm86 Augur

Ya that is and was a stupid argument. Doesn't really change what I said though. But like I said I'm unable to get into the mindset of these people, so it's hard to understand how they think and what exactly they want.
  17. MaestroM Augur

I argued for Agnarr. A lot. Go back and look at my post history. I loved Agnarr. I went hard on Agnarr.

As I mentioned earlier on another thread, Agnarr broke my heart. I thought Agnarr would have the same staying power as P99. It didn't. Sure there are still people there and people still raid. But its not like I thought it would be.

I'm glad Agnarr happened. I loved every second that I spent there. But I wouldn't play on another PoP-locked server, or any other server locked at any expansion, so long as DPG still has plans to release a new TLP.

I learned with Agnarr that new EQ TLPs are my favorite game. Where they land doesn't matter (although I'm hoping to try GoD/OoW finally..). I like TLPs.

Setting aside whether it would be a good business decision to do so (this caveat is to side-step the Machen comment), unless DPG ever signals that a certain TLP is the "last" TLP, my argument will be that any future TLP should have a ruleset that maximizes DPG's ability to release another TLP in a year or two.

If DPG ever did say "Okay team, this is the last one, how do you want it", i'll have to think about what I want the last one. Even then though, It would be tough to argue for a PoP-locked server as long as Agnarr is alive.
    Machen likes this.
  18. Machen New Member

Hope you get the chance to play GoD/OoW this time around. I don't see any reason why either of these servers won't have a decent population at that point, enough certainly to enjoy the content and find a guild to raid with.
  19. MaestroM Augur

Me too! I'm actually considering doing launch +3-5 weeks on Aradune and then flipping to Mangler to do OoW assuming its still going strong. I don't REALLY care about Gates, i just quit during Gates for the same set of reasons everyone else did. All of my old guildies really liked OoW though.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Pop lock doesn't have staying power because everyone can essentially finish their toons. P99 that's nearly impossible and certainly more time consuming.

It was a good server, but people are playing tlps to hit content hard and fast and largely burn out fast as well. The combination of that and a new tlp just about every time the newest ones hit luclin is just another reason to avoid pop lock, or anything lock.

There aren't enough players either to split up. I hope these merges go well and they eventually offer it in other fashions so that people can continue their journey if they want to.