Why no XP for quests?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

I completed partisan and merc of Firefall pass. I understand merc gives money but partisan quests typically give XP. I got 0 AA for all 3 partisan quests and then got 18AA for completing partisan of Firefall Pass.

This is terrible. I get that the quests are not very hard but I should be getting XP for not just the first time I do them, but for the times I repeat them.

I get that some people don't want XP locked behind quests. But some of us prefer to get XP from doing quests. Let the pendulum land in the middle.
    Syylke_EMarr and Yinla like this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think maybe xp rewards have been scaled back due to there being a lack of aa's to spend it on.
  3. Heimdall Elder

That and that's been the direction they've been trending. The big XP reward comes from the stepped Acheivs look at HA's vs Hero Of.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Scaled back and removed are different. I wouldn't have posted if I got 4 AA instead of 18. I got 0.

That is incorrect. Most quests in ToL resulted in 18AA when you repeated them. The partisan might give 10% or more XP but the single quest when repeated would give about 0.8-1% XP. That means a repeat of the same quest would yield a reward.

Completely removing XP rewards from the quest itself is not consistent with ToV or ToL. I can't recall if this was the case in CoV, if so, then it would be consistently terrible.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

6. Laronk Augur

Really the progression missions in COV and NOS should give equal regular exp to the TOV/TOL quests so when you want to catch up a returning player its a matter of playing them through all the the group missions quickly.

It won't even catch them up to the point where they wont have a ton of grinding but at least they can then be the same level as everyone else and focus on grinding their focus aa.

It would also make leveling 105 to 120 very clear for returning players, then when I see someone lfg under 120 I could just ask them which missions they need. There's tons of grinding just to get all your aa that aren't autogranted. Tons of things to get done and when you're 120 you can really add a lot of stuff to the "i can solo this" so people have something to do while they're lfg. heck grinding out the focus aa is a really big task for players who are more casual. Some people (maybe a lot) don't even realize how important the focus aa are (or the synergy aa in the focus tab)

Also I know it can be boring for a lot of players but merc tasks redoable for a decent chunk of aa maybe with exp as an option so people who want "easy" content have somewhere to flock to where other people are.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and ShadowMan like this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

8. ShadowMan Augur

At some point on beta the missions did have the single time Hero reward of regular xp like was done in ToV and ToL. I don't know if that was purposely changed at sometime or if it was bugged on the live migration. But yeah one time completion of those 4 missions in NoS should award regular xp for 116 or higher player. In addition the repeat completions of missions should award some platinum and regular or AA experience.
  9. Tucoh Augur