Why no new event type server ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yimin, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Yimin Augur

Was anyone else looking forward to a Quarm type event server for the 20th ?

YiMin
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I have hardly enough time to play my actual toons let alone an event server but if I did have time I think it would be cool to do a more longstanding event server. It could even be something that just resets once it comes to completion so its a permanent event server. A couple of ideas I have pondered over the years are:

-Reverse TLP server where the latest expansion is unlocked and then after X time it goes into the vault. Toons have to race to end game or maybe start out at 110 and have to try to complete what ever objective they have determined for the event cycle. Once that cycle is over that expansion or expansions depending on how they do it (could be all expansions for a certain level increase) gets locked and toons delevel to what ever the next level cap is. If certain objectives are met rewards will be handed out and everyone starts over in the next era with new objectives. Toons could either have everything taken away at this point or be left with what ever they have obtained. Once the cycle reaches classic and is finished all toons are either transferred to a different server or deleted and the event cycles start over again with new objectives.

-Block progression rotating server that operates the same as the reverse TLP but instead unlocks expansions in sets depending on what makes sense. Same idea as above with having a certain time frame to accomplish set goals and once the last block of expansions is finished toons are either deleted or moved to a new server. Rewards will also be granted upon completion of each block as long as certain achievements are reached.

For either one if you jump in at any period you would ideally be granted a toon at max level in what ever era it is except for the second example when starting out in the classic block which everyone would start out at level one. This way someone could join the event server at any time and not have to worry about the grind to take part in the current event taking place.

Something like this would provide year round events while providing rewards for players primary toons on their normal server to keep players engaged after they have finished everything in current content and have nothing to do until the next expansion release.
  3. northstar Augur

I just want a copy paste of Vox for subscribers only.... 1 server all expansions day 1. Quarm would be cool IF it was a permanent Type of Event server.
    Yimin likes this.
  4. Yimin Augur

Thats what i thought one of these servers would be , a Quarm type server :(

YiMin
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

well I think the 4 rare evolving items on the live servers are the Quarm 2.0 this year.
    Metanis likes this.