Why most multiboxers don't want a server for single account owners.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Strawberry, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strawberry Augur

All single account owners would go to the no-boxing server, and multiboxers their power advantage they get from multiboxing would disappear.

Intead of having to compete for camps with single account owners, which they can easily dominate, they would have to compete with other multiboxers.

The anti-single account server arguments are full of bs.
    Tamier likes this.
  2. Darth Augur

I'm pretty sure you posted you weren't going to play on the tlp.

Yet here you are.

I don't box, but you're part of the problem to. Complaining about everything and offering no realistic solution.

You could go play project 1999 where they enforce no boxing. But you don't you'd rather complain.
    Nenake likes this.
  3. Khulril Journeyman

What I've been saying lol. I don't box either, but if you want this BS policing and enforcing then go to P99.
  4. Oberon Augur

p99 is not new, it is not everyone starting together from lvl 1 within a reasonable timeframe, citing that server is pointless
  5. Canofpepsi Lorekeeper

offering no realistic solution. trolololololo
    as a paying client im pretty sure the person to provide solutions is the company
  6. Canofpepsi Lorekeeper

agreed, offering p1999 was just straight ignorant
  7. Strawberry Augur

Single account owners have done nothing but offer solutions.

-make a single account server
    -only allow the same IP address to log in only once
    -do not allow the game to be launched more than once (which many MMO already do)
    -remove autofollow
    -do not tolerate shady programs like [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]
  8. Canofpepsi Lorekeeper

-only allow the same IP address to log in only once
    ^ easy fix but clearly they dont give a ****
  9. Strawberry Augur

Correction, I said I was no longer going to play on Ragefire when I found out that not releasing Kunark, allowing multiboxing and [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], would result in camp and server capacity shortage. A few days before official release I said multiboxers would result in server and camp problems.

I also addressed the problems of mages, and the fact that not giving newbee armor, which would have allowed melee to gain easier parity with mages who are far less gear dependent, was a problem. Allowing mages to be so OP, would only fuel the amount of multiboxers on the server and it did. I tried a mage on Ragefire, and I realized just how OP they were, especially when newbee armor quests weren't available.

Around the same time, they have the bright idea to announce that killstealing is acceptable.
  10. Khulril Journeyman

If you think that's the reason there will be camp shortage, you're being horribly naive. Classic just can't sustain the player base whether there was boxing or not.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

Call it P99......................oh..wait..
  12. Darth Augur

So then how will I and my wife play together?

This is not a reasonable solution.

If opening a new server was something they could do, they would.

You can open multiple clinets through WinEQ and most boxers already use that.

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] when just used to control multiple toons through key presses can't be detected.

Project 1999 is a solution, if the 30 of you complaining all went there right now, you'd have 5 groups of new people.
    Deadlyne and Warpeace like this.
  13. Kunon Augur

This post like almost all of your others makes absolutely no sense.

Your saying boxers don't want a single account server so that they don't have to compete with other boxers...

Instead your saying boxers want the status quo (a mixed box/individual) server were they already have to compete with other boxers and individual account solo/groupers. Cause competing with both groups in your mind somehow means less competition for them...
  14. Rauven Augur

The anti-boxing crowd is motivated by the same greed, power, and corruption they claim the boxers have. They see an obstacle to the gear, loot, and coin they could get. They believe that by removing that obstacle they can fill in the vacuum themselves.

Otherwise they would ask for a more comprehensive fix to the game that makes boxing less desirable in both capability and in fun.

Adding simple mechanics to say.. Orc Centurions or Shaman where they throw a bomb like projectile at a random person in range that explodes for more damage than the target takes. Stuff like that across many different mob types would do wonders to curb the boxing. And it would improve the group game.

Why do we have to wait till 80+ and raiding to see such complicated mechanics? Why can't the level 5 mobs have it? I thought EQ players were better than other MMORPG players?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.