Why lockouts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Laronk Augur

Why do we have to have lockouts, can’t you find a better way to not reward the person doing the mission over and over.

Here’s my problem with lockouts, it actually impedes my ability to play with others specially as there is so few missions per expansion.

How you might ask?

Well if I log in after work and do a mission or all of them with some friends and then they log off or go do their own thing but im still on and a different friend logs in and wants to go do those same missions or randoms in general chat are LFG for those missions… I cannot help them on my main while I still have the lockout.

And if I don’t have lockouts, do I go help that random group that needs a tank for mission x? Naw because I know my brother and his friend will be on in 30 minutes and my lockout that I’d get would not wear off until after my brother needs to log off. You know who gets screwed? The pickup group that needs a tank because while I do like playing with randos I value playing with my friends more and wouldn’t want to leave them high and dry without a tank sure we could do something else but thats not what we want to do.

I can’t be the only person who thinks lockouts are dumb for the above reasons. I am ok if I get 0 currency I just want to play the game with other people.
    Skrab, Conq, Windance and 1 other person like this.
  2. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Lockouts exist because there is a monthly subscription fee that they want you to pay. Paying the fee doesn't waive the lockouts obviously, but the thought is that the lockout makes you pay for longer than you otherwise would have.
    Windance likes this.
  3. Madeni Elder

o_O
    Laronk likes this.
  4. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Lockouts exist because people were doing the one (easiest) event over and over and over for coin and loots. This is DPG's way of telling you how to have fun in the game you pay to play.
  5. Conq Augur

This has been going on for years. And the log jams to many of the group missions are usually tanks and healers. I main a cleric, run a tank on pickup raids. So I can run either or both for group missions with guildies & friends. But sometimes, those 2 get locked out and there are still people looking to do missions and are short - healers more often than not. So 3ish expansions ago, I leveled another cleric. So after 1 run, I can swap to the 2nd cleric and do another mission run. Eventually (last expansion), the 2nd cleric maxed earring, xp, aa, etc etc. So now I have 3 clerics. It isn't as boring as it sounds clericing 3 rounds of group missions through expansions - different tanks have different styles and missions usually have multiple ways of dealing with (or not) their mechanics. I understand leveling 3 tanks or healers isn't the best solution for most. And I too, would like a better system than the goofy f'n lockouts we have. But until it gets changed - cleric looking for missions x3!
    Conq
    Laronk and Straahdx like this.