Why launch on Saturday instead of the usual Wednesday?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Big_Astos, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Big_Astos Journeyman

I know you people at DBG don't want to work on Saturday to launch this, so why not do it on a Wednesday like normal? I know technically Saturday is the 16th which is the official 20th anniversary, but no one cares about being that technical about it.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

YOLOSWAG4RALLOS
    Motahead likes this.
  3. Big_Astos Journeyman

4. The Great Pink Ogre Elder

Thank you for speaking for everyone... but clearly someone at DBG does care that it launches on the anniversary. Technically.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

This way they can ruin your weekend. And that makes them feel better.

I'm really not sure it's more complicated than that.
  6. Jadefox Augur

Why are we celebrating the 20th anniversary at all - if no one technically cares?

--Jade-Day! (observed)
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Because they are going to pull off the perfect launch and then head home for the weekend.
  8. Runes Augur

Its so the servers can crash and bug out all Saturday and then no one has to stick around on Sunday to help fix- so they get a day off.
  9. dmccollum Elder

It's so us old men can play on the launch day without having to take PTO or worse, fall behind the unemployed kids in mom's basement.
  10. Ceffener Augur

Obviously if a server goes down after 5PM on Friday it doesn't come back up until 9AM monday right?

Because a game requiring 24/hr support has 0 people working outside banker hours.
  11. pimenttoncheese Elder

Yeah why wouldn't you want it to launch on a weekend!
  12. Bewts Augur

Duh because casuals are weekend warriors who cannot play late into evenings during the work week or afford to take personal time to play on a launch...