Why is this guy still around?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Madae, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Magpi New Member

Or the server rules could go back to that of original EQ and respect and teamwork could be valued again. You probably wouldn't like that though. You're likely one of those folks who would rather not wait in line and just piss on someone who has waited in line.

Shhhh just don't respond.
  2. Magpi New Member

You must know nothing about kunark pick zones.

Because the zones are so large, the pick level is around 60 players. Even if you swamp the zone with 60 players, it isn't instant (not sure what their algorithm does on the back end). If it were that easy, a guild would just zerg a zone, get a pick, kill the mob, leave the zone, let pick fade, then do it all again 15 minutes later.

You sir really need to think before you speak.
  3. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

I hate waiting in Line, if there is a big lineup . I wait till everyone goes and then i go when its all clear
  4. Magpi New Member

Well good for you. There are some drops you will never get while the content is the latest content. I'm sure you're fine with that, but just because you are fine with it doesn't mean everyone has to be.
  5. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Well if your determined to do something about it. Then petition the guy who is farming

or just ask the guy to let you loot the item once . Maybe he will
  6. Treiln Augur

Jokes on you...It's a dev doing this because his salary isn't high enough for his liking. That's why nothing has happened to him yet ;)

Jokes aside, do what people do to botters....train him :D
  7. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

I would just put the guy on ignore and just play my game . I dont need the headache
  8. Magpi New Member

That's great until it's an epic mob or a key mob for a zone you need to get into for a quest. Either way, I already cancelled my sub, so just my 2 cents based on the experience.
  9. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Anyone who cancels - always 90% of the time comes back

the game is too refined and too good not too
  10. phaeril Augur

I don't disagree that the guy camping prods all day long is a giant turd. I've managed to get a few for people in my guild each time they have asked simply by out DPSing him since the pets take a second to start casting. That's not really the point though.

The reason people do camp checks is because they don't *want* to contest something. It's really just that simple. I never call for or respond to camp checks and if a group tries to roll into where i'm hanging out I just prepare to out DPS every mob until they go away. With very very few exceptions (really just people selling loot-rights and multi-quests to things my people need) if I wander up to a group somewhere I just go to the next place. I *could* contest just about anything I wanted... but unless I suspect that they *want* to have some competition, it's just mean.

Accepting that killing a placeholder doesn't entitle you to future mobs doesn't mean you have to turn into a raging diarrhea hose. Not everyone needs a rule to decent to those around them and the fact remains that the vast majority of the players on the server operate quite well in this middle ground.
    Yara_AB likes this.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I found this really funny :)
  12. phaeril Augur

Also... from the patch notes:

13. Potatoes New Member

The same guy used to go to Runnyeye and do the same thing. Looks like he just switched spots. this kind of crap and the Bottlenecks on Agnarr need fixed. They did take Black Alloy out of the game with today's patch and made the veeshan key unable to be MQed. one step in the right direction. now if they would fix the epics. Broken Golem for wizzy is ridiculous. It's impossible to find it up and get a group there before being ksed and I see people MQing it for ridiculous amounts of plat in /auction and /wizard. I know one or two other epics have the same problem where the item is impossible to get and the mobs are not found in instances.
  14. asfasfasfasf Augur

They can't pick another server and they can't ignore him. They chose that server because they want to do fun old dungeons and raids like VP with people of the same level and level appropriate gear. You can't do that on the regular servers. Also they can't just pick another zone because this guy is blocking their entire guild from progressing because they need to get keyed and he is taking the item they need. That's why he is doing it. You can permanently camp one item and it stops entire guilds from progressing. You get rich and your own guild gets to progress first.

They don't need macros to run commands on each box. This Agnarr so you can't box on the same PC anyway so he will be using multiple PCs and then you just buy a keyboard splitter that sends the command to each PC. It is exactly like using broadcasting software only it is free because you don't need to subscribe to the software, you just buy the box and then it broadcasts forever. DBG's own rules created this.
  15. Scoresby New Member

From Patch Notes:

This: Key to Charasis (Quest) - Chancellor of Di`Zok now has a small chance to spawn anywhere in the Sarnak Fort in the Lake of Ill Omen. The throne spawn location for the Chancellor now spawns much more frequently, but is no longer guaranteed to be the Chancellor of Di`Zok.

And This: Key to Veeshan's Peak (Quest) - Quest hand-ins can no longer be multiquested.

Why do I feel like they've actually listened?
  16. Lamberduim Elder

This is why I don't play EQ anymore. I like the oldschool feel of one zone in most cases, but when people just camp constantly and sell it for outrageous prices and then other idiots actully buy it so they continue doing it, just ruins the game for me personally.
    Funk likes this.
  17. Funk Augur

It very well could be an inside job! And I'm sure it's padding their wallets nicely as it seems there is no shortage of fools willing to pay real money to enter a zone on top of paying a subscription.

Glad I don't play there!
  18. Scoresby New Member

The person in question obviously has no real job, or otherwise keeps a perma wifi hotspot and laptop wherever they are--they never shut up about selling the darn prods.
  19. Garroan New Member

Do what most World of Warcraft players do. Double camp and make sure you jump first.
  20. Spig New Member

Lol he's been reported on a daily basis by a lot of people and nothing is being done