Why is MotM a thing on Phinny at this point?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vrael, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Snorl Lorekeeper

Any chance you could share with us the rationale behind using 5 era years and not less? As others have suggested 3 would seem to be much more reasonable to what content is at all relevant on TLPs and would mean that on Agnarr classic and kunark would both drop MotM where the server locks.
    Paralyze likes this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

On Fippy/Vulak, they split the Pop fabled into two groups. IIRC PoTime and elemental gods were SoD, everything else was SoF. Something like that. Not sure why, maybe just balancing. We had SoD launch with a week or so of fabled left, so got to experience both. Either way, I'm guessing it will work similarly here unless they deliberately changed it. Prathun, may want to double check that to make sure there isn't Fabled MoTM Grummus...
  3. Gremin Augur

So they do something proactive and imo helpfull and people still complaining...geez
  4. Nolrog Augur

People on the forums aren't happy unless they find something to be miserable about.
    Risiko likes this.
  5. Mwapo Augur

I'm glad I'll always have necro dot revamps to hide behind.
    Kobra likes this.
  6. Brumans Augur

I thought 5 was a bit much myself, even though I'm sure we're all happy to get something rather than nothing.

As for why - I think you answered yourself. This way Agnarr won't see any MOTM drops. Since it's a locked server, they probably feel keeping everything with MOTM on it is a positive. Not like people will have much else to do!
  7. Ryak Augur

I suspect they already had the duplicate encounters created to handle fabled's and piggy backing off that was the lowest effort way to introduce this (and probably the only reason they did this is because of that efficiency)

A clever win-win solution, to be honest.
  8. Demetri Augur

I know this is tangential to it, but it made me wonder - will the AoC versions of things convert to Fabled when they exist?

Also, since PoR wasn't unlocked at the beginning of Fabled season but did DURING it - will Phinigel be getting SoV Fabled?
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Why is needing 6 toons for an AoC instance? Without MotM my life 70 monk can solo naggy. 6 people in raid instances is old and out dated.
  10. GeauxTigers Elder

MOTM is null and void on anything past velious (luclin, pop) these mobs had massively increased AC and HP to account for inflation unlike say the transition from classic to kunark.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Went to test to see how well removing motm went. It looks like both the mitigation is successfully gone and the HP totals were set back to base values. AoC instances were not working on Test so I couldn't check mobs that weren't up in open world (of which there were few).

Looking forward to seeing these changes on Phinny next week. But oh man the serverwide spam is going to be unreal.
    Brumans likes this.
  12. Demetri Augur

I found plenty up doing similar Bobby (mostly Velious) - was happy with the new values, but I've gotta say I'm disappointed that it seems to be glitching them to NOT Fable ATM. Literally was seeing Fabled trash named next to unfabled ex-MotM stuff. Feels like something is in the wrong order for returning them to normal.
  13. Brumans Augur

Speaking of old things that should be fixed...any named that is out of era shouldn't broadcast, heh.
  14. VandilIzer Augur

Dear god, the guy does exactly what you ask and people complain complain complain, seriously if you don't have 3+ friends to come help you defeat a MOTM epic boss 5 expansions old you are playing EQ wrong anyway, it's amazing the Devs even bother trying to help make things better when the moment they do something to "improve" things for those whining they get double the amount of complaints about how they didn't do enough.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Dythan like this.