why is dragon force completely useless?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Croco, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Croco New Member

Is it just because I'm on a TLP server (agnarr)?

I can sometimes get 2 dragon force's off before a mob will finish casting CH and the mob will have moved a significant distance from where it started casting the spell and in about 95% of all cases that mob will regain it's concentration and complete the spell cast.

I feel like I've been cheated out of 5 aa's because this ability never interrupts a caster ever.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. Skalde Elder

It's meant for positioning mobs really.
  4. Croco New Member

So back in the day when I played regularly, 2006 or 07, you could reliably interrupt casters with that ability.

So in the interim it's been nerfed to near uselessness?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I use DF to pull, and now that kick is auto'd, it is he only button I spam. Someone has to fight clueless caster push.
  6. smash Augur

Might also be that mobs got abilities to resist getting their spell casting interrupted just like players have.
  7. Password1234 Augur

I don't remember it actually being useful for interrupting casters. I remember specifically buying it for that purpose and regretted it because of how rarely it seemed to do anything.
  8. Brohg Augur

Mobs don't need it, they have infinite channeling ability. You have to use something with a specific interrupt built in, like a stun spell or the bash skill, or a lv55+ war/rng kick.
  9. HeatherPurrs Augur

It's for positioning mobs. It's really not very good at that either as the push distance is very small compared to other classes abilities to move a mob in to position. I use it a lot however as most players don't have a clue about how important mob position is or positioning themselves on a mob, so I'll often times move a mob just to get the group in the right positions.
  10. Brohg Augur

same distance as warrior Press the Attack. I hope you're not comparing it to Fluster/Bluster or Beguiler's Banishment. those memblur, they're suicidal to use during battle
  11. Moldar Augur

You're absolutely correct, but on the flip side, they are kind of fun to mess around with some folks in certain situations /evil grin
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

When they separated the stun from the damage with the revamp of our kicks (RIP Stunning Kick), it kind of made it less likely for us to interrupt. I think that some people were having stunning kick interrupt and just thought it was DF.
  13. Guzzle Augur

I prefer distant strike (because it looks cool as and has a longer range), but I also use DF to pull mostly.
  14. fransisco Augur

dang all their casters and thier 0 push spells!
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I actually macro'd them into the same hot key. The longer range on Distant Strike is functional, and looks cool close up if I'm positioning.