Why is AB always going down on a weekend?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Deillusional Augur

For the past 3 sundays AB has been down over the weekend, and then comes back up, I realise you got a banner on your forums saying you investigating it, but any reasons why?
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. Venaki Elder

Almost everyday is going AB down, and then rollback. Thanks for giving us double exp and losing it all with crashes!
    Motherlee likes this.
  3. usernamealreadyexist Journeyman

4. Foxxbott Lorekeeper

I blame the Foosball. It's the devil!
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Guild just got booted from raid instance, slight rollback, but the instance was still up when we got back a few minutes later......redoing DIs!
    Motherlee likes this.
  6. Viper1 Augur

Because it's the hot girl at the frat party?
    Miss_Jackie and lockjaws like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

AB Booted everyone again,
    Some players lost loot, some lost achievements, CS better restore everything!

For the love of all things fluffy FIX AB!!!
    Motherlee likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Are there still internet reasons for a Euro server? Is your latency to the US servers really so high? Merging AB with the lowest pop server could solve so many issues... #JustSaying
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Aurelio Elder

Well, compare.

Euro Server: average 40-60 Ping
    US Server: average 240 -280 Ping
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Someone keeps buying it dinner and a movie.......
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Would you rather have a bit more PING and a server you can actually stay connected to & play on or the constant down time & roll backs?
  12. Deillusional Augur

Problem is that they use poor routing peers to the servers in USA from europe so ping ranges from 200-400 depending where you are.
  13. Deillusional Augur

Problem with that if the ping changes all the time you will get quite a log of lag anyhow.
  14. Diptera Augur

I'd rather have a working server, seeing as we're paying for one.
    Brogett likes this.
  15. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

the hamsters in Europe unlike there american cousins only work 40 hours a week and drop everything the second its up
    Axxius and Silv like this.
  16. Reval Augur

The guys that still care about Zek are still waiting on those non pvp instances for raids that would allow all of the aoe abilities that are commonplace on blue and have become essential parts of various classes and that the game is balanced on those classes being able to use. That's been years. Good luck with your server. If it doesn't fit the mold, this company will just let it sit and milk money out of it until it dies. Consider that they left an entire server's mage population unable to use rains in groups and on raids through all of the last 3 expansions and didn't even bat an eye. At that point in time, mage dps WAS RAINS! Is it still rains? I don't know because they can't even use them so I have no frame of reference. Then add in berserkers, rogues, monks, wizards, beastlords, rangers, and a ton of classes that I'm just too lazy to mention. If you guys are able to affect change in this company, let me know how you did it. From what I have seen for years now, they only care about the money. You're just a number.That's their proven M.O. at this point. It's not something they can erase, and it's not something they care about.
  17. Casidia Augur

shhh you are not supposed to say that @Reval,
    this is Eq1 everything is alright & fluffy and it's still the best and most skillful game in the world.
    We and DBG always kick together, we continue to rock @tm like Brad & Band rock Pantheon.
    If they don't reply or fix something, it's clearly cos those poor bunnies have not enough time in between making all these great expansions & special events and visiting Miami Beach. Also it was NFL Sunday.
  18. Silv Augur

No.

Thanks for this. I needed something to cheer me up this morning.

So, did they finally get the server up and functioning? The forum banner was still there this morning. Seems like someone pasted it up and then went back to relaxing till Monday.[/quote]
  19. Reval Augur

That's good that it's not still rains. Too bad basically all of the raiding mages in my guild except for 1 already retired because of this. Tell me how much of your guild is left after a year of your server going down like this. Then after 2 years. Then 3 years, and so on. =/
  20. Imrahil Augur

AB crashed again, just when final boss was at 50 % in Arx #4. Sorry, but we won't bother with trying to raid while this lag and crashes continue.
    It is nice that you acknowledge there might be a potential issue (O RLY?) with AB, but that doesn't change the fact that paying for this doesn't seem justified currently.