why does the new allakazam website look like a giant wall of text from notepad with a few images

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by macncheesey, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nope, you took what he said out of context. You said "I spend the 9 bucks a year so I don't have to deal with any of those add blockers and such"

Seriously, you think those of us discussing ad blockers only use them on ZAM? They run for every site! They also happen to work on ZAM. If I paid for ZAM (and I have at times in the past, it comes and goes), I'd still have the ad blocker running against it, because that's the default, and why not?
  2. snailish Augur

3. Aurastrider Augur

Again I only use this computer for a handful of websites with zam being the only one that has adds. The context of me paying for zam was in reference to the adds and the fact that if you pay the 9 bucks you don't have to worry about the adds so yes it was out of context. Here is the dialogue in short: OP states zam looks weird. I try to replicate what OP is seeing which on my end everything looks fine. OP states Add blockers are blocking tons of stuff and disabling it will cause issues. I reply that I pay the 9 bucks so I don't have to deal with the adds.

Where in this conversation did I suggest that running add blockers in general is a bad idea? There are some sites that are rather shady and yes its best to be safer than sorry. But for the context of this conversation zam is a valuable site that a lot of us use and is deserving of funding to stay functional. If everyone just uses add blockers and doesn't pay eventually the site will probably either stop being updated or close down as I am sure they have zero interest in paying out of their own pockets to keep the site running just for our pleasure and use.
  4. GoneFission Augur

I get a screen like the OP describes when I visit on my phone. My PC gives me the full graphical interface.