why does the new allakazam website look like a giant wall of text from notepad with a few images

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by macncheesey, Nov 19, 2018.

1. macncheesey Journeyman

seriously looks lazy as heck ...the drop down menus are gone and i thought i was looking at a webpage that got hit by a hacker/attack or was copy and pasted straight outta notepad with link spam and some images...comparing it to old alla..seriously looks like a heavy downgrade

https://archive.is/OfFOk
    VS
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/

at least the original looked like an actual website and far more professional
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I am not sure what you are seeing that is different? the archive link you posted looks exactly the same as the search result I just did on the site. I have not noticed anything different from a visual perspective on my end or at least nothing that is standing out.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Nifty Slacker Augur

I can't tell if this post is sarcastic or a troll post or both! Good on you sir!
  4. macncheesey Journeyman

5. macncheesey Journeyman

right now adblock plus is putting out 181 points of blocked stuff..so something is clearly up

disabling it just causes ads from Fanbyte to show up
  6. Aurastrider Augur

I spend the 9 bucks a year so I don't have to deal with any of those add blockers and such. Site looks just fine on my end.
  7. macncheesey Journeyman

this only started happening once they switched to the new Fanbyte stuff..

Idk if its the problem but thats what ive noticed
  8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Try clearing your cookies and cache, close the browser out and then open it up it up again, pull the site up. If that doesn't work come into our discord channel so I can troubleshoot with you. We had an issue with some customers having issues with the CSS not loading for the site after the move. We think it's due to a part of the ad system the site uses so we disabled it.
    snailish and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think you guys are headed in the wrong direction. This is not new since the migration - I had this happening constantly for about 2 months BEFORE the change but since the change it has stopped. I thought this is one of the big reasons they were doing the migration. After a month or so of this white page with blue lines in lists I started getting warnings from my anti virus program that it was blocking a phishing thing on Alla. That cleared with the migration also. The way I worked around it was to just use your back key on browser then click the link the second time and it would load correctly. I tried different browsers and cleared cookies etc.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Must be you and your PC. I don't see that at all, it looks just like it always did. And I also use an adblocker.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't think its his pc, as I posted I also had this happening. And it didn't happen every time. Sometimes it worked fine, others that notepad thing came up. It would happen on all browsers I tried.

Now this seems to be popping up frequently - I was under new comments and clicked on the "does summon" post but has happened on other clicks:
    OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) mod_apreq2-20090110/2.8.0 mod_perl/2.0.7 Perl/v5.14.2 Server at akz-app Port 8080
    Post Comment
  12. Vanrau Augur

13. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I've got this fixed now. Sorry about that.
  14. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

The CSS issues did extend to before we moved over. It is due to a system the ad service uses. We turned that system off yesterday because it creates more problems than what it's worth.
  15. Geroblue Augur

Except for some of the adverts, I don't see any differences in the new site. I didn't log in nor search.
  16. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Paying Alla 9 bucks a year blocks ads on the entire internet? Or you just use Alla for everything, even medical help and crock-pot recipes?

I feel like you thought you were bragging, but you really only admitted to being easily milked. The site looks fine on my end as well, and I'm up 9 bucks!
  17. Aurastrider Augur

I don't look for medical help on the internet I am a nurse and if I still cant figure out what's wrong with me I have a physician that I go to. I have my own recipes for cooking but if I do decide to try something new I usually use my phone so I can look at said recipe in the kitchen while I cook. I don't really care to browse random sites on the internet especially on my gaming rig so there is no need for any form of add blocker on it.

If enough people block all the adds and don't pay things get closed down. You might be ok with being a freeloader but some of us are happy to pay for services that we use. That's not getting milked but rather showing appreciation for a service that I perceive as valuable to my EQ experience. Bragging about being a freeloader is not really anything to brag about imo but to each their own.

You obviously took what I said out of context as it relates to my response to the OP. As a subscriber I can't replicate his issues unless I log out of my account which I have no desire to do.
  18. macncheesey Journeyman

it still looks busted for me
  19. macncheesey Journeyman

done all of what u stated...no effect
    one of the first things i tried too
    you mentioned u had a discord..can u toss me a link to it in my dms plz?
  20. macncheesey Journeyman

https://imgur.com/a/VHehkGW

idk if this plays a factor at all but i thought id mention it...when loading the webpage theres a brief moment when it looks like this before fully loading

looks even weirder tbh lol
    it only remains for like less then a second..like i had to print screen at the exact specific .5 second it shows up before the webpage fully loaded