why does my rogue look so slow?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Sep 21, 2018.

1. svann Augur

It seems like my rogue animations are broken. With my alt rogue and another rogue standing side by side it looks like his is hitting 2x as often as me, but when i check parse they are pretty much equal. Doesnt seem to be the same effect on my bard. Sometimes it looks like the rogue is only using his off hand, but really thats not whats happening. I look at the other rogue and he is swinging like a maniac in comparison.
    edit: drakkin rogue if that means anything
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Maybe your rogue is just getting up there in years.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Definitely the bowl haircut and dopey grin.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Do you usually run in a particular illusion? I know you mentioned Drakkin, so perhaps it is a problem with that model (i.e. have you tried another playable-race illusion?).
  5. Belkar_OotS Augur

Drakkin have super slow animation times I think. Like watch them sit.... then some other race. I'd test out other illusions as suggested and I think you will notice a difference.
  6. Dreadmore Augur

Your rogue is actually ultra super fast, as rogues should be. He's just syncing with your computer's refresh rate that makes him appear slow
  7. svann Augur

Ok thats it. Tried human illusion and its like night and day difference. I guess the drakkin animations werent very well done.
  8. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

What's a rogue?
  9. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Your rogue is actually The Flash. He is moving so fast that you cannot visually perceive his actions, and is just trying not to give away his secret identity.
    svann likes this.