Why do you always....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gremin, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Gremin Augur

Wait until the last minute to announce things? It makes no sense. You fail to take advantage of so many opportunities with your social media and such. Take for instance this years Christmas stuff, we know it is coming, you know folks are waiting and yet you still have not announced anything and its 4 days until Christmas. You could of been doing the 12 days of Christmas themed stuff, which in todays market would of made you lots of cash depending on how well you handled it.

You have lots of folks calling for illusions to be sold, other items to be sold..nope. You have so many bags, different style of bags. I have 6 40+ slotters on my main character on Rizlona...do you honestly think selling more is going to matter now? Whoever is handling this and making the decisions on when to release items and release sales etc needs to wake up. You are failing to take advantage of this whole situation.
  2. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

They're smart...they dish out the crack sparingly to keep the junkies logging in hoping for a new flavor.
  3. Febb Augur

From what I have experienced here on the forums, it's usually a designer that handles what is being sold on the marketplace. Add in an expansion launch and the expansion is still not fully finished and things tend to get ignored for higher priority tickets.

Hopefully with the new owners taking over, they can hire on someone into marketing that can take over the marketplaces in all their games.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  5. Gremin Augur

Then that is just bad planning on their part. You can lay out exact plans for the year ahead of time on what you want to do around each of the holidays.
  6. Knotty Pines riz New Member

its not that hard just use the same thing every year ya always do , you have all those items from Lon loot that folks desperately want yet fail to bring them to station store... smart money would be to add every damn illusion you have and start generating sales, has to be easiest way for you guys to make money . same thing with all the mounts from lon and nimbus,
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The problem is their plan was not "sell all the fun things and make money."

The plan they executed on was "Lay off as many as possible to reduce costs so we can sell the company."

There was nobody there with skill and time to manage the marketplace at all.

All the fun things we could have bought (for years) are just one more thing that suffered from that plan.

We'll see if the new company does anything.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some of the dev team are very determined to communicate, the amount on the plate of any one developer is probably pretty large & even with good time management they have more to do than they could ever get through to have any "spare time" - the team is run super freaking lean.

We have 1 community person, Dreamweaver, spread across at least 2 titles, managing both forums & discords so announcements are often late, sometimes an event is several hours in already or even a day before the actual announcement about it goes out.

This isn't even a recent problem, its always been this bad, the times when it wasn't were the exceptions.

We can hope EG7 have a slightly different set of priorities than "just milk the cash cow", but I'm not holding my breath.
    Best thing to do as players is keep your own spreadsheet of all the past seasonal events so you have some idea of when the next one is going to happen & what the likely bonuses will be.

[IMG]
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

'Super Freaking Lean' is the understatement of the century. Dreamweaver does way more than manage forums, discord, and announcements.

You get lean enough and you're looking like a skeleton. One man's super freaking lean is another's skeleton crew.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Look at Dreamweaver's postings on EQ forums vs EQ2 forums in the month of December.

~25 postings for EQ vs ~50 for EQ2.

Both had expansion launches. And I'm giving Dreamweaver EQ credit for all the downtime postings that were made on CoV launch.

EQ is the bigger title and yet we don't warrant at least equal attention from the community person.

There is a resource issue, but the larger Darkpaw (DBG, SoE, etc) problem seems to be that more employees like EQ2 ... or at least interacting with EQ2 players rather than EQ players in general. Maybe we're all just a-holes on the EQ forums, but you would think the community person's numbers (and staff posts in general) would be heavily tilted towards EQ. But they are not.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It takes a special type to continue to support and develop a game made with the tools we used to use in the 90s.

EQ2 is most likely just a whole lot easier to work on.
    Nolrog and Skuz like this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

EQ's forum uses tools from the 90's, and EQ2's have more up to date tools?

Learn something new every day folks.

Maybe EQ2's 29k MAU are just THAT much more active on the EQ2 forums that EQ's 82K MAU are on this one...bit of a hard swallow but it is possible I guess.

I wonder what the daily post counts are like for each forum.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They never should of made eq2 and just concentrated on eq1. Guess they just figure everyone would just leave eq1 but no too much time involved on my main char. But yea i dont think they wanna make $$$ on the marketplace seems like there always late and such and they need to come out with bigger bags i got so many 40+ from doing quest hunters ect and doubles i use on shared bank. Well nuff of my rant :)

Andarriel
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I was speaking of coding the games.

My bad, I was confused. I thought we were talking about the marketplace in the game, and am lost why we're talking about how much Dreamweaver posts on the forums.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I don't know if they box on EQ2, but I am willing to bet that the 82k accounts are closer to 40k real people, if not below.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Rhetorical question perhaps, but if you quote a post discussing forum usage one naturally assumes you did so to speak in relation to that point, and if you were not then why quote it in the first place?
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Speculative, but probably not a billion miles away.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Really? I thought you were better at reading comprehension than that.

Cragzop mentioned forum posts and Dreamweaver as a means of presenting a metric, by which they assert 'employees like eq2 better'. Within the context of the discussion of the marketplace and not having employees to put effort in it.

I mention Dreamweaver does more than forums and discord, bringing it back to the larger discussion of the whole game.

And I mention that working on the game, as a whole, is easier in EQ2.

CONTEXT: A lesson in reading comprehension.

But I gather from your latest post asking a broader question on this topic, that you do actually grok it better now.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.