Why do the RV parcel vendors repop and what's with the Unknown Guild?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KimchiGoddess, Jun 9, 2020.

1. KimchiGoddess Augur

I never understood the point of the former as they're the only parcel vendors that constantly disappear for a while to my knowledge.

I've noticed lately with the server issues plenty of times I'll see random people with their guild tag changed to Unknown Guild. I've ended up experiencing this a few time myself and I lose all communication with my guild.

Has there been any explanations on either of these things that I've somehow missed?
  2. Kahna04 Journeyman

They are halflings. You don't honestly expect them to work a full day? They have 27 different meals to eat.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  3. Protagonist Tank

"Unknown Guild" happens any time a guild is new and hasn't been fully pushed to all clients yet. It's a display thing only. You can /guildstat or /who them to see their real guild name. It goes away about a month after guild founding.
  4. KimchiGoddess Augur

Hrm it's happening to my guild on Mangler and I've been in it since last year, but I haven't once had it happen to me on Rizlona.

When it happens on Mangler, guildchat stops working.
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

It despawn and spawn from old times.
    Before the devs designated them as parcels.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Cause way back in the day a designer decided that it didn't make much sense from an RP perspective for the same guards to stand there all day long without a break. Qeynos guards have similar behaviors.
  7. Arog Augur

Unknown Guiild LMAO. I'm so dumb I thought that was a real guild name. I was like wow that guild is huge. Everyone is in it.
    Adagia and KimchiGoddess like this.
  8. Protocol Dragon Defender

Guilds can also intentionally make their tag appear as "Unknown Guild" for members based on role settings in the guild manager. Which is just to say that some of these may be intentional.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Unknown guild tag is a server issue, nothing to do with new guilds. That is why you also lose other guild functions that are sever based, like chat.

It was fixed once in Jan of this year. It has broken again.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/guild-names-not-displaying.262465/

Thanks folks. I've got a fix internally that should be out in the next update. For now, some information: If you see a guild with the name <Unknown Guild>, it means your game client has requested the name for that guild from the server and is waiting on a response; it should be updated in less than a minute. If you see a guild with a blank tag (<>), the guild itself is not broken, it's simply failed to fetch the correct name. My fix is directed at preventing blank guild tags from being blank indefinitely.
    Per Klanderso

Obviously that fix didn't work
  10. Tucoh Augur

I thought the exact same thing :D
  11. Xenorius9 New Member

This happened to me on live a couple times in the past months, when I zoned it fixed itself