Why didn't we get more group missions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Laronk Augur

Why didn't we get more group missions that were mini versions of the raids?

It seems like TOFS1 raid could of been easily made into a group mission and TOFS2 could of maybe been an interesting group mission but maybe you're only part of the bride's party? While I get to go enjoy the content as a raider it would be nice to have more on the group game side. 4 missions was kind of weak for the expansion IMO
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree...I wish every zone had a mission of some sort. However, given the design/layout of CC and Ry'gorr, I can understand why they chose not to try and make one for those zones.
    Laronk likes this.
  3. Windance Augur

I for one am very glad they didn't make ToFS missions. Doing the first raid for the next several months is enough to make me want to take a break from raiding.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  4. Evye Augur

I feel like very easily they could have made a race. In CC or ryygor mines. 1st to the top or bottom wins. Mario kart like but mobs run too and try to stop you from reaching the goal.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We always lose out on content on a level expansion, which is why I prefer non level expansions with more places to die. :)
  6. feeltheburn Augur

IDK... I kinda dig the TOFS raids
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I suspect any expansion we get a level increase is going to be even more sparse then usual.
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Laronk Augur

Ahh TOFS1 isn't bad (well unless you box then it'd be terrible)
  9. Tucoh Augur

Which is frustrating because personally i don't like level increase expansions and i doubt many people do. The headache of new spells and focii is less fun and more tedious. I'd trade all five levels for one new AA or spell line
  10. Triconix Augur

ToFS3 in a group version would be fine.
  11. Gundolin Augur

I am fine with the four missions but wish there were more Partisan quests added.
  12. Nolrog Augur

In the Darkpaw Producers Letter Holly said they were able to increase the staff, so hopefully that won't be the case.

13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We may end up with less staff working on EQ even with the additional people if they are working on a new game also.
  14. Natal Augur

Which explains why people B***c like crazy on a non level expansion when they get very limited new spells/AAs. Maybe you don't like level up expansions, but other people hate non-level up expansions, so it all evens out. A bit for each camp every other year.

I like level up expansions because it makes content that previously was not doable with my small crew more practical to beat. New spells/foci have never been an issue for me, not sure why people have a problem with them other than complaining for the sake of complaining.