Why did you add Overseer if all you've done is make it useless?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tanise, Apr 15, 2020.

1. dreadlord Augur

Has there been any word as to *why* this change was made? (especially with no notice). I've been trying to follow all the threads etc, but not finding anything.
    This is important to some of us...
  2. Windance Augur

This is really easy. If you go back and read the original post describing the overseer system it was designed to give returning players a chance to catch up.

What they have been doing is fixing ways current players could exploit the system to gain advantage on a massive scale.

For example they didn't say ... Use overseer to easily farm rare collectible drop on a dozen accounts and sell them all for 100k+ !!!

When people started abusing the system, using it outside of the scope in which it was intended ... corrections will be made.
  3. dreadlord Augur

If we all farmed overseer on all our accs for collectibles there will be no more uber-rare 100k collectibles (apart from current expansion) - if we're looking to help casual players, returning or otherwise, that surely must be a good thing?
    ( I'd have also thought they would want the $$ from those dozen accs)
    I didn't see anyone complaining about this - although the plat farmers,we are told, made powerful representations
    I'd have thought the whole collectible system was far far more use to current/casual players who've been frustrated by the system than newbies who (and YMMV) rarely seem terribly worried about being behind on collectibles

If you're right, and it's all about returning/new players and the system needed protecting, it would have been much easier to limit access to Overseer to those players (rather than lose so much goodwill from existing folk)
  4. That0neguy Augur

They already retconed that post. It is now a "supplement" to game play.
    Ulrin likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

O wow they even made the actual collectible no drop too? Goodness
  6. enclee Augur

Yes, it was a stealth change. They didn't bother to provide any advance notification or push it to test.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  7. Mediik Augur

I see minimal if any value in Overseer unfortunately. They are going to need to add a whole bunch of neat goodies for me to bother. If I'm thinking about it, after raids.. I send out my minions to get back some XP loss. Given how easy raids are, I'm sure in a couple weeks I'll forget that this system even exists.

This system is nothing I would pay for or miss if it went away entirely. I was planning on using it to get some collectibles for my boxes, but that seems to be over now.

GLuck with that!

Speaking of Luck.. how is that system holding up these days?? I haven't thought about it\or care about it since they launched it. Just another system that adds minimal if any value.
  8. enclee Augur

Add up all that time spent between Overseer and Luck, how close would we have been to Epic 3.0s?
  9. Crystilla Augur

I was lucky enough (with 2 accounts) to finish off 5 expansions of collections on me before the patch change. And I still spent 500k or so in the bazaar on collectibles (buying cheaper ones). Now between the no trade tag and I'm higher level, that's more like a 70% reduction in what I can claim.

That said, I'm not max into 115, my alt account is not 115 yet, neither of us have max mercenary points or collections yet so there is a lot of value in doing it. Just no where near as much as it was initially.
    Ulrin likes this.
  10. Feth New Member

I am still waiting for DBG to give a reason for the change. I may be naive but I will keep asking until I am told to stop. I went on an 8 year break and now that I am back I am trying to catch up. I am already 115 but the collections are hard to get every single one. My alts were feeding my main but they stopped that from happening now.