Why did you add Overseer if all you've done is make it useless?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tanise, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Tucoh Augur

Hey guys just taking a break from bannerlord to check out how the game is going and to see if i i shou resub this summer.

*Reads this thread*

Hahahahha, ill see you guys in the fall. Maybe.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think that is the part that confuses me! I don't see how this change is helping collection sellers at all?
    On the contrary, players who wants a specific collectible, can still just get it through overseer, instead of buying it in baz.
    There is not a single reason to buy an expensive collection anymore, none of them are rare, when you can get them through overseer. Thats what I like about this system, it helps the players who are not rich. :) this change does not affect that.

I mean I can spend time in a zone and get 6/8 collectibles the old way, in a few hours top, and still skip the last 2 that would take a day more, because i can just hit overseer instead. :D
  3. Soulblaze Journeyman

^ gets it.
  4. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Thats the entirety of Overseer.
  5. Soulblaze Journeyman

Here is the reality I see:

Kronos ruined people like Yantis. ( he is way older school than Kronos, just using the name as an example of the seller type )

Now they found a workaround -

1. Farm collects.
    2. Get rare collect.
    3. Sell rare for 2mil.
    4. Buy Krono for 2.1mil ( Live server pricing )
    5. Sell Krono on website for <something less than Daybreak pricing>

Daybreak also benefited from this:

1. People get sick of that rare piece.
    2. People buy Krono and sell to buy rare piece.

Now

1. Play Overseer
    2. Accelerate it via DB Cash if you wish <dev gets paid>
    3. Get rare collect.

The RMT has moved to the developer, and yet another RMT to a farmer is eliminated. Now, less people will buy Kronos from 3rd parties to sell for collectible plat as they don't need to pay asinine prices for them anymore in Bazaar. Farming for collectibles to sell for plat to buy Krono to sell on website for RMT will go WAY down.

I am sure they did the math. The Krono sales that eventually funded RMTs outside the owners of the IP were not worth it.
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

When I get dupes of collectibles, I don't sell them...I put them in a house that my whole guild has access to. This change means I can't use Overseer to help my guildmates now. It's not just about one player getting collectibles, it's about helping friends and guildmates get theirs as well.

This change comletely screwed that now.
  7. Ddink Journeyman

I only play (solo grind) an hour or two a day with xp set for 90% to AA and have been getting a level every 2(ish) weeks with most normal xp coming from overseer. Doesn't feel all that useless to me.
  8. strongbus Augur

This right here. I been doing overseer sense it came out and doing nothing but xp on all my toons. Ever overseer quest is just for xp. I raid and a full set of 5 overseer quest is enough to restore 95% of most raid night xp lost. The other 5% of the night it might take sets of 5 quest. This lets me spend all my xp time on getting all my aa done(down to just the crap ones). On the box crew its help me get them level up faster then just the regular grind and quest do.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Isn't it only collectibles gained from overseer that is notrade?

Duplicates gotten the old way through farming, can still be donated to friends/guildies, if I understand this change correctly. And with overseer you can simply choose not getting duplicates...and your friends/guildies can also use overseer to get collectibles you couldn't get them through your own farming.

True, the few extra collectibles you could get through overseer, that you planned to donate because you already completed all scavengers, can't be given away anymore. That is probably 2-3 collectibles less per week, that you friends will have to farm themselves. Seen in that context it is probably a little nerf.
    swerves likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I just hope CS are willing to swap one no drop collect for another for those times when someone misclicks.

Yesterday before this started I had guildmates swaping collects that they had misclicked and didn't need.

This is more than a little nerf.
    Veritas, Elyssanda and dreadlord like this.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

OK, you don't see how this helps collection sellers at all?
    on my server ROS complete collection just cost my friend 5 Krono. He is a returning player trying to catch up. between my husband and I we have 4 accounts. I was outraged for my friend over the collection seller price, so I used all 4 of my accounts to save up collection rewards for the past few days with the intention of getting my friend EOK collectibles, and then I probably would have continued to get them to help him catch up. now, all 14 things are worthless to me (I am maxed as I do all progression for an expansion as it comes out thus not needing to go back to catch up myself).

My friend is now stuck buying from Bot farmers who can easily farm collectibles and charging outrageous prices in order to catch up in a reasonable amount of time, and getting what he can from overseer alone. so instead of 5 accounts working to help get him caught up on what 4? expansions worth of collections, only 1 can.. that's going to take him , theoretically 80% longer to get caught up. OR cost him an arm and a leg in Krono.

And because I AM all caught up on everything; except for tradeskill supplies, and mercenary xp, overseer has become worthless to me, as I can't even GIVE AWAY the collection ...stuff.
    Veritas, Yinla and Barraind like this.
  12. Donaskz New Member

And I am a raider - so TLPs are useless to me. You know what happens with useless stuff? You don't use it - problem solved.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

exactly. that's also 80% less accounts using overseer with my 4 accounts out and just his 1 left.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They are complaining because they spent money on using it, used it in the past and the change to the system makes the money they spent not worth it because its not something they will use any longer.

I really think this change needs to be reviewed.

Perhaps as a middle ground make another overseer collectible item that requires 8 fragments instead of 4 fragments. The 8 fragment item would be tradeable, whereas the 4 fragment item would be no drop.
    dreadlord likes this.
  15. dreadlord Augur

Quite apart from the nerf, a big deal for me was the lack of notice. When currency and the collectible dispensers were moved from tradeable to non-tradeable, we were warned and could move our goodies where we wanted them to be. If that had happened this time, I wouldn't have 1 char with 200+ useless dispensers. Loads of folk in the same position.
    Is there any reason we were given no warning?
    Chlorogoth, Barraind and Ulrin like this.
  16. Angahran Augur

ROFLMAO... CS ? doing something helpful ?
    I can 99.9% guarantee their answer will be "reacquire the item through gameplay".
    dreadlord likes this.
  17. enclee Augur

It’s pretty obvious, they don’t really take or solicit feedback from players.
    Chlorogoth, Barraind and Velisaris_MS like this.
  18. Jibeker Lorekeeper

Of course not lol. They're the DeVeLoPeRs. ThEy KnOw WhAt iS BeTtEr FoR Us
    enclee likes this.
  19. Mazame Augur

I like how this thread is about how DBG has screw the players and broken something that we were looking forward to. making it into trash. and the response we get is that these changes were not the cause of the extra long patch.
    Chlorogoth and Gildurath like this.
  20. Gildurath Journeyman

All these changes just to keep some people who sell collectables for inflated prices? I do not think being able to get the latest expansion collectables was breaking the game. But a bunch of sellers complained about it hurting their bazaar sales, and these changes came in. Just fix it so we can use this and be useful again.
    dreadlord likes this.