Why can I not patch during maintenance?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by asmodethenaughty, Nov 16, 2016.

1. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

Just came back to the game and have installed the game, however I cannot get past the launchpad. I get a message saying server down for maintenance...

This seems rediculous. I just get a page saying servers down. How about letting me at least patch the game and then when servers are back up I can play again ?

Also, patching during EU primetime.. Uh..
  2. Bumamgar_Phinny New Member

What is the point of allowing clients to patch while the servers are still down/locked? Keep in mind that DBG isn't just pushing a patch and rebooting, they are also doing post-release checkouts, which, sadly, often times uncover issues that require modifications to the client patch. Many times you'd just have to repatch again anyway.

This way, DBG avoids all of that drama and can just focus on getting everything right, tested and ready... Then they put the final files on the patcher and unlock the servers.
  3. eqgamer Augur

What Bum said. Back in the day you could patch while they updated. But theyve since learned better way.
  4. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

What is the point of allowing clients to patch while the servers are still down/locked?

The point is I can download however many GB required to fully patch the client so that when servers are up I can play the game. Now what will happen is that I will have to wait for the servers to be online, and then wait for the damn thing to patch.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So you want to drive the car while the mechanic is changing the oil?:confused:
  6. KermitMadMan Journeyman

Thanks, I needed that laugh!
    Thunderkiks and CatsPaws like this.
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

/facepalm
  8. Claan Elder

Actually the patch was available earlier this morning. It was 183M. I see the same thing as OP when trying to log in right now though.