Why Agnarr will outlast other TLPs despite the being PoP-Locked.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Risikio New Member

E

This is an important post. Please pay attention to the boxes on the right. The white level represents people. This chart shows a higher number of people on Phinigel than on Agnarr.

There are many things we need to consider here. There is no times stamp. We are not sure when this data was collected. There is also no way to know that this picture has been altered.

If we assume that the data is accurate there is a logical conclusion that can be drawn here. At that time, there were more characters logged into Phinigel than Agnarr.

We have other factors to consider. Are these characters actual humans or are they a bunch of boxes? Someone, likely a farmer, could have logged hundred of characters in to skew the numbers. You have to watch out for farmers as they are innately evil and cause a lot of problems in our community.

We really need to eliminate the farmers as they ruin the gaming experience for everyone else. The easiest way to eliminate the farmers is to STOP paying them JUST STOP. If you don't reward them for their farming, they will stop.

So to summarize, farmers need to be stopped. Please stop paying the farmers!
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Holy, crap. How's that tinfoil hat fitting these days?
  3. Aurastrider Augur

I think Agnarr will hit its wall just like every server has or will hit. Most of the farmers will move on to more lucrative ventures, a new server will pull some away and natural attrition also becomes a factor. With that being said those who are of the P99 mindset will probably stick around and you will have the seasonal players who come back when their primary server is between expansions or events. I expect July until the next expansion release on live to have higher server numbers while the rest of the year to have lower population numbers as people are doing new content and there are a ton of events such as anniversary and hardcore heritage stuff. As far as the other TLP servers they will probably suffer a similar fate as the older TLP's but only time will tell I guess. In the end as long as we retain players and continue to get back old players and the occasional new player that's all that matters.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

wat. I took the screenshot when i made the post, like 20 minutes ago. Go to the EQ home page right now it's public information. Jesus Risiko get it together.
    Nolrog, Punchu and Kattria Minx like this.
  5. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Are you serious? Your paranoia is getting a little much if you actually think this...
  6. Machentoo Augur

If you really think this, you need psychological help. Please find someone to see before you hurt yourself.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Omg risiko now you have stepped over the line. Non- white are people too regardless of what your "boxes on the right" say!
    Machentoo likes this.
  8. MaxTheLion Augur

Risikio
    Risik i o
    Risik - I - o
  9. Machentoo Augur

You are onto something here. It isn't that Risiko has stepped over the line. The population meter itself is inherently biased and racist.

Clearly the boxes Risiko identified as "low white level" are actually nearly full black boxes. These black boxes represent the people who are NOT playing on the server. While general chat count estimates might lead us to conclude that each 1/3 of white represents several hundred "white" people, population estimates planetwide show us that each 1/3 of black represents several billion "black" people not playing on that particular EQ server.

When the population meter shows all "white" it completely discounts and eliminates the remaining billions of "black" non players worldwide. DBG, we don't care if you have a thousand people online now so much as we care that there are 7+ billion other people who aren't, right at this moment, playing on Agnarr or Phinigel. Please fix your population meters to reflect the actual percentage of people worldwide who are playing on each server, and then also please use colors that are not racially charged. I suggest chartreuse and teal.

On top of this, you have "dark" elves, "erudites" being portrayed as evil in game. Meanwhile, there are zero Asian humans, despite the various Asian ethnicities representing something near 60% of all human beings currently alive worldwide. And let's not even get started on the lack of black or hispanic humans. (Good job on a few black human pirate NPC's in various places--way to communicate that this racial mixture is fit for villainhood but not something you would actually want to play.)

Hopefully DBG will check their white privilege and fix these atrocities immediately.
    jeskola likes this.
  10. Lumiens Augur

I'm thinking that those charts are counting the offline traders in the Bazaar which is pretty packed on Phinny.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  11. Whallowisp Journeyman

Wonder how many of the Phinigel population are offline traders left to rot.... if they are counted?
    Rampart likes this.
  12. Rampart New Member

This is the reason you can't depend on looking at the population based on the graphical representation.

But getting to the point of this whole conversation, I think both sides are a bit right and a bit wrong. If Phinny follows the other TLP lives it will lose it's population, slowly but over time it will decrease.

Agnarr will lose a lot of population when it reaches it's lock and all the peeps that cannot imagine why anyone would stay on a locked server leave as well as the farmers who will realize there aren't enough people around anymore (and I suspect the people that remain aren't the ones buying with krono.

I expect Agnarr will last, it won't have a huge population, most likely be an average server... population wise... which is saying there won't be a lot of people but the ones who are on, are dedicated.
  13. jeskola pheerie

Agnarr is a glorified Event Server like Quarm was. Ragefire/Lockjaw will even outlast it.
  14. -wycca Augur

Offline traders aren't counted I don't believe, regardless, there's only like 310-380ish in the baz whenever I look.

Phinny's population tends to have the same 3 bars as Agnarr during primetime. Phinny's population, based on my observations, tends to be higher than Agnarr's (3 bars vs 2) between the hours of 4a-9a sometimes, and regularly between about 10a and 5pm. Basically, Phinny seems to have some more later nighters, and we have 4x Euro guilds.

The population at other times tends to be the same, which is a far cry from Agnarr launch. Additionally, it's worth noting that the most popular live server (FV) tends to have population equal to Agnarr/Phinny at alot of hours nowadays, whereas before it didn't ever have similar population.

TL:DR - My conclusions 1) Phinny's overall population seems slightly higher than Agnarrs at all hours currently. I imagine that will change with an expansion launch on Agnarr, which will likely cause a spike (followed by another collapse). 2) Phinny & Agnarr's overall population continues a downward trend, approaching FV levels. 3) Agnarr's population has cratered far faster than Phinny's, which didn't approach FV levels until about month 3-4 of PoP.
  15. Illtempered New Member

More importantly, i wonder how skewed Phinny's numbers are by the massive amount of people just afk idling. POK has tooons of people, unmoving and afk.
  16. Febb Augur

And Agnarr doesn't have people AFK in Commonlands? What is your point?
  17. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

I play on Phinny but to be fair Phinnys AFK autokick in PoK is non existant while on Agnarr you get booted from the game if you are AFK longer than like 30 minutes.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, 300 traders makes a difference on the population chart? Or is the Bazaar Welcome message only counting online traders?
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Not any more. The kick timer is still there but it's longer now.
  20. Machentoo Augur

300 probably would make a difference, yeah, although I have no idea if they count online traders or not. A few years back I looked at general chat pops and the pop meter, most servers moved from low to medium around 300-350 people in general chat.