Why Agnarr will outlast other TLPs despite the being PoP-Locked.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Jaxarale01 Augur

I have played on Agnarr and Phinigel from the beginning of each until now.

It is clear already that Phinigel is drying up quickly while Agnarr continues to thrive and grow. I wish this wasn't the case as I enjoy both in their own way but you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

A few months into PoR Phinigel will be lucky to have one real raiding guild.

Your extremely defensive retorts give away the fact that you know this is coming as well

*****************************************************************************************************************
    See what I did there?
    I input my opinion as fact because I do not play the way you do nor do I think or see the same information you see in the same way as you...

Your post is EXACTLY why the OP posted his...

But keep on being petty and talk down someone else's new toy because yours isn't the new toy on the block...

#thisiswhywecanthavenicethings
  2. Death Strudel Augur

Amidst a sea of problems with your post, is the one blatant open wound: you are relying on people being held captive on this server to be successful. People are not going to be held captive, they will leave, one way or another.

I am not trolling, lying, dissembling or equivocating when I say in the hundreds of players I have talked to or interacted with - in game -, not a single one has long term plans for staying here. Reasons are many and varied, but everyone has plans to go after PoP.

The only discussion should be about what to do to keep the server alive even that long.
  3. snailish Augur

There is the "see we offered this ruleset and look what happened" aspect to Agnarr.

Daybreak doesn't need to do anything (really) for Agnarr specifically [not saying certain things that keep causing hiccups on progression shouldn't be adjusted for all future progression that may remain hot-topics for Agnarr at the moment] as they posted the ruleset and have stuck to it. The precedent is that progression servers get to enjoy a long slide into empty/merge (if that is their fate).

You want Agnarr to stay viable, play on Agnarr and encourage others. Drive-by buff, random gear up a newbie, group with new people, announce rotting loots, play nice... it's up to the community.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  4. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Reminds me of troll under bridge in karana. Posted sign "pay me den you kin cross". Little elfie tried to cross, troll said "no, pay me first". Elfie didn't pay, troll punched him, said "pay me den you kin cross". Elfie walked down river and swam across instead, told other elfies to do same. Troll posted rules, stuck to them, lose money. Me think troll not be smart.

No more in OOT, we kill 2 many. No more whales in OOT, we kill 2 many. Should kill goblins now? Soon nothing left in OOT.

We doomed.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  5. Jaxarale01 Augur

You lost me with the open wound and people being held captive...
    I mean there is nothing wrong with you going completely off point and topic and lecturing people on how they are now captive on a server that they specifically joined BECAUSE it will be lock at PoP...????

But I guess it is your story so tell it the way you want?

Lets have ANOTHER exercise in your anecdotal double talk... clearly the first one did not get through?

******************************************************************************************************************

I am not trolling, lying, dissembling or equivocating when I say in the hundreds of players I have talked to or interacted with - in game -, EVERY single one has long term plans for staying here. Reasons are many and varied, but everyone has plans to stay after PoP.

********************************************************************************************************************

Its like the coastal elite with you... because you surround yourself with people that think and see things the way you do... there is no room for any other ideas or opinions...

I am in a guild of several hundred and have made friends with many more... I see small 30 man guilds just now killing Vox and Naggy for the first time and people leveling in LGuk still with barely any gear on (clearly not alt twinks) I think this means Agnarr will be around a LONG time...

And all those people that I hang, group, guild and raid with thing the same thing...

Does any of this anecdotal evidence make my point anymore valid that yours?

Nope!
  6. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Is coastal elite like blind softskin? There many blind softskins. More blind softskins than not. Sometime location of blind softskin make them easy to eat. But they gang up, then they beat us bad. Many years to recover.

Me study with monks long time. Me knows words, me has best words. Me use small words so trollies and elfies and small guys understand. This not work. We all lose. Soon no one left to eat. Must save food to have food.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  7. Ultrazen Augur

I am the customer that will play Agnar off and on for years, probably until they shut it down.

1. It's the era of EQ I like, everything past this to me I don't care for.
    2. I can take some time off when I get burnt out, and not worry about falling so far behind I can never catch up. This is probably the main reason Agnar won't fail where others will. Servers experience really bad attrition post PoP for a reason, the ability to catch up, the amount of work/time it takes, and the lack of people to play with while leveling kills servers dead.
    3. I can work on leveling every class, and trying to gear them all out, once again not having to worry about how much time that takes me. There is always an achievable "end game" for me to level a character to. I'm someone who loves to play a lot of alts, which is a real problem on progression servers, especially slow exp ones. None of the work I put into my alts feels wasted. That's incredibly important for people that like to play alts.
    4. The longer the server goes on, the more the bad people will go away. Once the server becomes non lucrative for Krono sociopaths, the server will just get better.

I really look forward to remembering a year or two from now, that Agnar exists, and I can go back and level whatever alt I may have lying around, and get into the game all over again.

In my experience, a lot of people are like me when it comes to what they like in EQ. It's not for everybody, but there are enough people that have the same mindset I have about EQ, to support one server for a while.
    snailish and Jaxarale01 like this.
  8. Punchu Augur

I picture Jaxarale as Alex Jones in this thread now.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  9. Aziuno Augur

I truly think that the 2 factors in game that speed up content, will cause Angaar to not 'last as long as Alkabor / P99'

Instanced raiding provides every guild the end game loot. This was already in PoTime on Live, but all the GoD's up to that point were not. Either way, currently people can have 3-4 zones on full farm in addition to time, and once LDON hits, you do just time+Ldon's for those augs in that time gear.

All the in game Quality of Life improvements and power creep presented (everyone is going to hit PoTime with VT gear, where on Alkabor, they hit it with what? 2-3 Velious pieces and maybe 2 Luclin pieces?

OP comments that people got bored of Phinny and went to Agnaar, that was when we were at 6 months of PoP, everyone (with slow exp) was maxed AA's (ALL AA's bought), and had all the gear they wanted. The grind no longer provided additional benefit, as there was nothing to do. Any Tiers under Plane of Fire were vacant, and even Earth / Water had 1 group at best? SolRo (the hardest zone to flag for) was hopping the first week, then empty after that. Fire was the only populated zone until LDON hit, then Infected Paw and Fire were the 2 zones that had any population.

Now factor in the increased EXP rates on Angaar... Sadly I think the Instances+EXP will expedite the return on investment (enjoyment)

--Being a Phinny player, I hope Phinny lasts strong as I want to experience all the content i bailed on when it was live (boo on me for giving into WoW). I don't think you can compare the two servers.
    Renshu likes this.
  10. Renshu Augur

Aziuno is wise.
  11. Montag Augur

Not at all. Just didn't appreciate his constant low effort snark responses and decided to call them out for what they were.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  12. Renshu Augur

Something DBG could do:
    Three to Six months after Agnarr hits LDoN, an event server with the same rules as Agnarr - Agnarr 2.0 starts at classic
    X months after Agnarr 2.0 hits LDoN, the whole 2.0 population transfers to Agnarr - Agnarr 3.0 starts at classic
  13. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Can not be case. No berserkers on Agnarr.
  14. jeskola pheerie

15. jeskola pheerie

I used to think thoughts like this, until I went live a few years back and played House of Thule and Rain of Fear.
    Ryak likes this.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Err, it is?

I think Phinny WILL start to dry up significantly by the time we hit PoR, but so far we basically have zero drop in raid guilds, and no mergers. The only two guilds from Gates that haven't yet showed up on the phinnyprogress.com site for OoW are Caer Cadarns and Bregan D'Aerth--which might indicate a slight start of attrition, or maybe they just haven't sent updates in yet.

When you see guilds start dropping like flies, and lots of guild mergers, that's when attrition has set in. When we drop from 20 guilds clearing the expansion to 10 or even 15, then there's cause for concern. Hasn't happened yet.
    snailish likes this.
  17. taliefer Augur

agnarr's best case scenario is a revolving door of players who want a short term "old school" eq fix, a hiatus for live players between expansions, and players of that sort.

im guessing there will be one or two long term guilds that stick around there to pick up these players, but i dont think the population of the server a year past pop opening will be anywhere near what it is on pop day 1.
  18. Jaxarale01 Augur

Try to read the whole thing in context?
    #readingisfundemental
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

In fairness our Quarm was unkillable. And time wasn't instanced.
  20. AgentofChange Augur

[IMG]

RIP Phinny never forget
    snailish and Machentoo like this.