Why a chanter for boxing?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Micker, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Micker Augur

Why do I see so many people saying a chanter is so great for two+ boxing? They say a mage and chanter are amazing, but I don't see why. Yeah CC is nice, just want to know what I'm missing or overlooking with boxing a chanter with my other toons. Any big trick or aa/spell combo that make it so powerful? I have my chanter dusty at like 103, so wonder if I'm missing out. Thanks!!
  2. code-zero Augur

ADPS along with charmed pets. Enchanters have a TON of ADPS spells
  3. Brohg Augur

Besides CC?

First, mobs become wildly more tankable with Constraining Helix and its proc Somnolence on. Damage can be even further reduced, almost nullified, versus most content by weaving Dizzying Wheel between nukes.

Next, DPS goes some version of nuts depending on how good you are at consistently deploying...
    Twin Aura
    MC Aura
    Tashan's Lingering Cry
    Dissident Reinforcement
    Illusions of Grandeur
    Gracious Gift of Mana
    Gift of Hazy Thoughts
    Beguiler's Synergy
    Third Spire of Enchantment
    RPoo, Mintalie, Skewert and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ismel Augur

Dont forget AA charm for tanking those annoying hard hitting named, might not last until the named dead if you have low dps, but it will buy you at least 1 min worth of burn with only ae damage to worry about.
  5. Cicelee Augur

One of the biggest weaknesses of the magician class is the ability to handle adds.

One of the biggest strengths of the enchanter class is the ability to handle adds.

The duo is guaranteed to handle more content than a single Sancus...
    Skewert, Sancus and Mintalie like this.
  6. Yimin Augur

Boxing a Mage and Enc is almost unstoppable ! I did it for long time is very good combo ! I know have Bard Bst ....

YiMin