Who would support an all tradeable gear ruleset (aka Firiona Vie)?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hateseeker, Apr 15, 2015.

1. MaestroM Augur

I think I'd like to see raid targets dropping all no-drop gear instead.

All dropable gear just screams for RMT because it incentivizes powerful groups to farm old content even after they're all geared. All no-drop gear would mean that the only people who would kill a mob would be people that would need something from the mob (or people that wish to block access to content, which could be dealt with through minimal GM intervention).
  2. Darth Augur

My hero.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

Another thread made me realize something. While all tradeable would be a great solution, and would, for example, open up so much to the RMTers that they'd not be able to lock down everything, consider Classic. Only a few good items, like CoF, FBSS and such, are tradeable.

Do one or the other- all tradeable would be best, but filling in the gaps and making all the good stuff no drop would be better than leaving just a few no drop. Would Naggy be such an issue if CoFs were all no drop? All or nothing -
  4. MaestroM Augur

Not sure how I feel about that considering how you treat people on this forum.

Most dragon loot + Cazic Thule loot in original is droppable and is farmed non-stop for the life of the server. Similarly, most Kunark dragon loot + VS is droppable and they are also farmed non-stop. Inny, Phinny, Eye of Veeshan and VP dragons are mostly no drop and I would argue are largely ignored. All it takes is one good item (like cloak of flames, which also drops off Talendor...) to incentivize farming.

Make it all no-drop and take away all incentives from RMTers.
    Jezzie and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

Granted I have not killed Cazic in 13 years, so I can't remember from direct memory, but Allakhazam shows all CT loot as no drop. Did it change on TLP?

I can't agree that RMT is a problem and even if it is, RMTers can't lock down everything when everything is tradeable, but if we're not going to have everything tradeable, making everything no drop would at least reduce the ubers' farming.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

I just stopped in Firiona Vie and saw that people pay 800k for kronos. Course they're only going to do that if there is actually stuff tradeable to buy.

Krono + all tradeable is a recipe for cash for Daybreak Game Company. Let's do it.
  7. Machen New Member

Nah. Good guilds weed them out. Or coach them to no longer be bad players. (Or put up with them when there are no other options!)
  8. Zinth Augur

ppl and their RMT trade fears...

I am FOR a server with FV ruleset. I don't always have time to fit in raids because of RL, but I would still want the gear and I can farm plat doing various things which I do have time for and that way save up for the gear.

I also played on FV and at one time had 8 mill plat without ever having to use RMT. I was just trading, hunting, selling what I found, buying cheap stuff to resell, vendor mining and so on.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

The proof is out there, and most people who talk about RMT never played on FV.

I suspect that all tradeable and player economies is where games are going eventually, and those who remain this way will be dinosaurs.
  10. Ziggy Augur

I played on FV for years, and if you don't think it was a haven for RMT, then youre just fooling yourself.

I am pretty sure I still have around 4 million plat and crapton of tradeable time drops there (stopped playing soon after OoW) The only thing that really stopped the RMT is there was so much extra plat floating around the market got saturated. That caused prices to drop through the floor - and made it so the wholesalers would no longer take FV plat.

So wasn't playing there for the no no-drops, I was more interested in at as a role playing server, but the no drop rules attracted exactly the wrong crowd for an rp server.

After that experience, I would much prefer to play on a server where virtually everything was no drop. Stop the handouts and the pay to win crap and we will all be a lot better off.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  11. Jaxarale01 Augur

I am of two minds on this:
    I like the idea of everything being no drop so you have to earn it.
    That being said... because we are talking about a show with no rules and no enforcement... the only way I see the more casual players getting anything resembling decent gear is to buy it.
    /shrug
    DBG has handed us ... may as well go all the way with it.
  12. DefenseEQ Augur

I think on a progression server where they are shorter duration servers that gear being all trade-able like on FV would be a huge benefit to players.
  13. Vaclav Augur

In some ways, in others it really pushes RMTers and encourages guilds to continue farming "worthless" content to generate funds for port stones/etc.
  14. MaestroM Augur

I don't want to buy my epic. I don't want to buy my cloak of flames. I don't want to farm plat for hours and hours in OOT or other gem and plat drops so I can buy the equipment I want from the guilds that sock the raid targets. I want to kill the raid targets and get my gear the old fashioned way.

If you make all loot droppable then every single raid target that drops epic loot will be locked down from day one until god knows when.

If you make all raid loot no drop then there is no incentive for any guild to kill a target if no one needs any loot from that target (except for blocking only, which is despicable but will happen anyways).

There are plenty of non-raid target drops that are super powerful and useful to have a thriving market without cloaks of flames and such. Even in Luclin and PoP where a great deal of gear WAS no drop, there was still a healthy player economy.

Having an all droppable gear ruleset creates two games. One game where the ubers get to raid, and another where casuals buy Kronos and sell them to ubers so they can buy raid loot. I bet we'd soon see a situation where raid loot is paid for in Kronos rather than in plat. Keep RMTers and sockers on targets like Fungi and out of the raid scene.

Some people would argue that ubers would just sell slots on their raids for chances at the now no-drop loot. Yes, this will happen. But since it's harder to predict what loot is actually going to drop, it will increase the costs of these types of raids and make them less likely to occur (you have to make sure the buyer is online at the same time as the mob spawns etc.). In fact, this would just be an argument AGAINST droppable gear, because if you wanted the loot, you could just buy it that way. Making all raid loot no-drop has a chance of increasing casual access to raid content. Making all raid loot droppable removes all possibility of casuals seeing these targets.

Perfect world:

All raid target gear is no drop including epic drops (these should be no drop anyways, if you want your orb of mastery, get your to sky).

Raid targets spawn a little faster 3-4 targets per week, this server is going to be huge.

SimSpawn. I've discussed this at length in other posts. Essentially, all raid targets across all expansions spawn at the exact same time. This, combined with the inability to easily sell raid loot will force raid guilds to prioritize their targets and guilds that want to compete for top targets will have to go lay their claim to those targets and leave less attractive targets to other guilds. For more detailed discussion, go here https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...of-raid-targets-across-all-expansions.219389/

If you want to buy gear with real money (or even in game money), make the gear merchant purchasable (or market place purchaseable) I want DBG to capture all of the financial benefits of me playing on this server, not some socker.
  15. Fhiele Augur

I didn't like buying nodrops on FV. You should have to raid the content to get the loot. I would not support a FV loot style on TLP.
    MaestroM likes this.
  16. MaestroM Augur

The mob listed on Alla is level 70 and has a weird loot table that is super out of era. A better version is http://web.archive.org/web/20020126190012/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=736

Not sure if this is what was available on Fippy.
  17. Taledar Elder

Against it sorry.