Who will be first to beat the Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yimin, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lithaem New Member

Meh, honestly, not worth it [edit]
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yes, our GL was exhausted after fighting Contract of War for 4 hours before hitting the right combo to finish it.. so by the time we did finish Fire, it was 2am EST.. and when he did the mental conversion to PST, his brain was asleep, so he got it fixed ASAP today.
  3. Danaleigh Elder

Totally worth it !! I am so proud of my guild and the hard work we put in, to get to where we are. A lot of us who have played this game for the last 15- 20 years, live for expansion launch and the race for a top slot finish. Good Luck to all the guilds that are still hanging in there after all these years!!!
    Bronut, Yimin, Zenyan and 1 other person like this.
  4. Allayna Augur

Congratulations to the many guilds...8 now, wow, that put in a lot of time and effort and were able to power through the broken mission to be able to request raids, and then beat them!

ROTE: GRATS on the late night dedication and win!
  5. Cailen Augur

first I post this with total sarcasm cuz I don't really give a F...… but how did a guild that basically accused everyone else who beat it yesterday of exploiting beat General Reparm tonight before the patch? #zerkergate
    Smokezz, Yimin, Bronut and 3 others like this.
  6. Bronut Augur

Go team ! :D

Go cazic ! :D
    Yimin likes this.
  7. Thrillho Augur

I've been trying to avoid posting on these threads about this topic, as it's quite volatile. I can't believe how toxic this community turns when beta / progression hits.

Oh look! Allayna is posting again! Oh, it's a post of praise... No matter! Gotta respond with another jab! What's wrong with you? Is he, or anyone else, wrong that there is a concern for being banned for beating a broken mission? I don't recall reading "if you've beaten this, you must be exploiting." What I do recall is something along the lines of "I hope what happens last year doesn't happen again with this mission." And it wasn't even posted by Allayna! There's no denying that we are on edge with bans, especially during the race. Goodurden's Fight Fire post about it is another example of it.

Is "zerker gate" not apt? Highest burst DPS in the game is a zerker, and these mobs need to be burned down in what, 7 seconds? It's a joke. Clearly. Yet you all twist it to be something else simply because of who said it. Get good! It's beatable! No, it doesn't matter - it's broken.

I hate this race. I hate what it turns people in to. I hate how it destroys communication between guilds. Raiders. Groups. Friends. I hate that I have to participate in it in order to play with a high end guild. To play with my friends. I hate that I have to decipher coded messages about how my friends in Triton are doing. How my friends in RoI are doing. How my friends in RoV, SR, RA, RotE, and countless other guilds are doing.

RoI isn't the best because they beat expansion X days early. They ride the lockouts for that. That doesn't make them better. What makes them better is the amount of effort they put in on beta. What makes them better is their ability to harness every ounce of power out of each raider. What makes them better is their ability to coordinate and focus that power. Congrats to RoI on your win in RoS - beating tiers 2 and 3 shorthanded (45 raiders?) is remarkable. I know you've run similar numbers in TBL beta this year and have come out with wins there as well. RoI will beat this expansion first, like they've done for every expansion for the past several years. They've already beaten it, the rest of us just don't know it yet.

They don't raid in the mornings because they're dedicated. They're able to raid in the mornings because they know they'll get the win. I'd much rather raid in the morning with a guaranteed win, than raid in the evening 'til the wee hours of the morning. I wouldn't call morning raids dedication. I'd call it skill.

And then they turn around and throw it in the face of everyone else who participates. Humility, please. Got the win, gotta post about it within 5 minutes of the chest being opened so everyone knows about it and can congratulate me! Your insecurity is showing.

This community is so toxic. We should all be ashamed of ourselves. Encourage each other, don't rip each other down.
    Brohg, Belexes, Lianeb and 4 others like this.
  8. Yimin Augur

We have the top five now for the first round :D

1 Realm of Insanity Xegony 2018-12-11 @ 17:28:21
    2 Silent Redemption Cazic 2018-12-11 @ 22:23:25
    3 Return of the Exiled Cazic 2018-12-11 @ 22:58:09
    4 Machin Shin Xegony 2018-12-12 @ 17:30:22
    5 Triton Povar 2018-12-12 @ 18:08:17

Round two coming soon

YiMin

Competition doesn’t just create winners and success stories. It builds strong personalities, resilience and determination , It makes us all stronger ....
    Bronut likes this.
  9. Jondalar Augur

We have a calendar?
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Jondalar Augur

Allayna
    "Not exactly zerkergate in that group. Could it be something else you did...?"

Orbital101 said:
    “Some of us feed on broken content. Its actually the only time contents is hard enough to let us think out side the box!”

Allayna
    "Read: exploit as a means to a win."

You may not recall it but there it is.
    Yimin, Cailen and Sancus like this.
  11. Gnomereaper Augur

It'll be interesting to see how things line up.
  12. Bamboompow Augur

Copy paste from last year and there is your answer.
  13. Astinox Journeyman

Well done to RoI for 1st place on T1! Excellent job to SR and RoTE for making 2nd and 3rd spot as well! Keep up the great work!
    Bronut, Elyssanda, Cailen and 3 others like this.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Though I definitely agree that the forums get very toxic during this time, it's a select few that make it so. Allayna brings a lot of it on himself. Read what he posted on the thread, it wasn't nice at all. It was a direct accusation that others cheated to beat the mission. It revved up others to do the same.

There are a LOT of people that most certainly talk during this time when things aren't working quite as they should and figure out how to work around the bugs (no, not exploits!). Everything isn't shrouded in secrecy. This isn't the early days of EQ... the stuff here is just a select few that make you say WTF? Just look at Absor's reply when he locked the Contract of War post. The devs probably read a lot of this and say WTF over and over.
    Cailen, Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  15. Yimin Augur

We almost have a top ten so far nine guilds have beat TBL T1

YiMin
  16. Bahdah Augur

OP. EGL has the rankings under control. Unless you got an achievement screenshot from a broken mission, you have no business acting like you know anything about these top 10 raiding guilds to have a ranking opinion of those 10 guilds. You proved it on start of this thread -

17. Yimin Augur

I will be posting the top ten once we have a tenth guild win TBL T1 stay tuned !

YiMin
  18. Bahdah Augur

Oh, I know you will. It's understandable, being red flagged to those top 10 guilds means no raiding, gotta do something amirite? even if its copy/paste from an actually ranking site.

"he he babies"
    Reht, Fintank, Elyssanda and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.