Who Jacked Up all the Placed Ornaments?!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Forcallen, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Forcallen Augur

So something in the January patch or a hotfix after that jacked up ornaments for items that had been placed in a house, possibly guild. Anything that was placed in a house that had a ornament was reverted back to looking like its original graphic. Its like any ornament that was placed is now being ignored but if you had an ornamented item equipped there was no issue.

For some ornaments the simple but annoying fix is picking the item up, removing the ornament, putting the ornament back in and then replacing the item in the house.

However for some items this is not possible as they were of the permanent container ornament type. For these items there is no solution unless its easy to re-get the item and ornament and then you redo it from scratch with new items. And even then you still have to figure out what the ornament was without the name, figure out where you got it (marketplace, lon, TS, etc) and then replace it.
    • You can't just do the remove and replace trick as they were one time use ornaments, there is nothing to remove.
    • The item it was placed in is now in a permanent bugged state. In that its in game graphic link shows the icon for whatever ornament it had added but when placed it just looks like the original item graphic less the ornament. And if you try to re-ornament the item you get the message that the item is already ornamented.
    I believe, I gave up looking up everything last night when I first noticed the issue, some of these container ornaments were acquired from LoN and Marketplace and are no longer available and/or would take throwing away more SC/$ to reacquire which is not acceptable. Also concerned that redo'ing all these steps might lead to the same issue again down the line if its unknown why this happened and already spent far far far to much time playing house over the years!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Forcallen Augur

Thanks, just liked the bugged thread. Missed these threads during my daily forumquest review!