Who is this tuned for?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CaptAmazing, Mar 6, 2013.

1. CaptAmazing Augur

I don't think I am. You see the EQ world differently. I disagree with you. You disagree with me. Seems we both have a few people that agree with us.

These are too hard for the intended audience. Period. I don't think you can argue this point. EW2 is a T1 encounter, it's not doable as such.

You all forget that we want people grouping together, doing fun things. People start hitting roadblocks like this, leveling alts is only going to keep,them entertained so long before they quit.

I know that sounds doom and gloom. I don't mean it to be. Just I have seen it. New content coming is going to be a godsend. I'm already noticing a decreased amount of log in times from my friends. I skipped VoA mostly, but they keep referring to these as "just likeVoA" .

Anyway, I'm off track. These are too hard and too exclusionary for what is supposed to be group stuff. Not, I have every class at my disposal and if needed a few raid geared toons.

Those that think we need something hard and a challenge should go 3 group Sevalak.(sp)
  2. Maereax Augur

I would probably agree with you but for the whole... these are optional missions.. thing. There is no progression involved. There's no language points gained from them, no zones unlocked from doing them... just an aug and some trophies.
  3. Imrahil Augur

Yeah, but shouldn't a grouper be able to do all GROUP missions?
  4. Maereax Augur

I meant that you were over-exaggerating when you said people are going to stop running them when new content comes out, not that you were exaggerating about the difficulty.

Regardless, I'm happy to agree to disagree. I really like that the mission is difficult, and honestly, from a control perspective, it's easier to beat if your DPS classes are group geared. You don't like that, and think it needs to be retuned. Fair enough!
  5. Maereax Augur

I believe they can. Now, if you'd said 'Shouldn't a group headshotbaby ranger or swarmkitechild SK be able to do all the GROUP missions?' I would have said no, probably not. My personal favorite reply to these type of situations is that EQ is neither Hello Kitty Island Adventure, nor is it WoW. It might not require more or less skill than either of those two games, but it does require knowledge and attention to play EQ well.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. CaptAmazing Augur

But it not optional. Its all we have. If nearly year after year you have to wait till next year to finish this years content you'd not be happy ( or a Cubs fan). GoD did that. Not I'm not comparing these to go GoD. But, paper cuts analogy seems fitting.
  7. sojuu Augur

There is nothing wrong with the group content. Sure it may be a challenge, but group gear isnt far behind raid gear now days anyways. Just keep working at it till you can get it.
  8. Langya Augur

No. There are plenty of raid players who never get to do all the raids so why is it unreasonable that some group content will not be completed other than by those who have either lots of talent or lots of free time (usually one in the same)? Some expansions are not designed to be finished by everyone who buys them. It might be more truthful to say ALL expansions. EQ has always prided itself on having content that is exclusive. I do not see how this is different than the norm.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nillaien like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Because the intended difficulty of the raid and group content is VERY different. More different than the gear. I have never heard a dev say that any group content is designed for "those who have either lots of talent or lots of free time". Correct me if I'm wrong, but group content is designed for casual players.
  10. krozman Augur

Honestly the only reason Raids are harder than group is that I have to get 54 people to listen to instructions rather than 5 others. I get one non emote follower in a regular group and I get punished just as severely. Group missions now mirror raids to the enjoyment of those complainers who never get to finish the raid content on time. Devs never said it would be simple or easy, and it's not "required" in order to do OTHER group missions. So really, there is challenge in the game, OMG, god forbid there be a challenge in your life.
  11. CaptAmazing Augur

Ahh, Horse . This stuff is overtuned. Period. Its too hard for people with group gear. End of Story. Im tired of all the stuff about how its supposed to be hard blah blahl fracking blah. Its over tuned content.
  12. Bamurien Journeyman

Group content is not designed for casual players. The group game and the raid game BOTH are designed for players of all levels.

There are raid missions that are tuned for more casual raiders. There are group missions that are tuned for more casual groupers.

There are raid missions that are tuned for more hardcore raiders. There are group missions that are tuned for more hardcore groupers.

My guess is if we didn't have these missions, a whole different group of people would be arguing that there was nothing challenging unless you were a raider.
  13. Chandrok Augur

The problem with a post like this is the lack of details. You can't just make a blanket statement (this mission is too hard/overtuned) without explaining why you think so. Without those details we have nothing to go on and thus can't even begin to guess where potential tuning issues might be.

If you would like us to look into this seriously, please provide details as to *why* a mission is too hard. Is there a mechanic that keeps killing you and you can't figure out how to deal with it? Is there a spell that's doing too much damage? Do two events overlap at just the wrong time to cause too much damage? The more details you can provide, the better.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Tegila Augur

my suggestin is to take a group of devs in GROUP gear designed for eachmission, and with all your knowledge of the events, try them. Don'tdepend on beta testing (where many if not most just copy their live raidgeared toons to go mess around anyway and thus not give true feedback always) Try them with this group setup or that group setup, and judge for yourselves iftheyre too constrictively tuned either for a max aad max group geared setup, or a very very specific class mix or waht..try it. I appreciate that yall took the time (and i know it took a lot of time , thats how it is) to do this for housing, please, do it for thecontent that gets brought up finding the problem wont take you much time, fixing it may, which perhaps may be the reason itdoesnt get done.
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. Nocomplaints Elder

My guess is most people cant beat this with their3 box and 3 mercs. People get frustrated with mechanics like raiders do, but dont have the drive to pound their head against the same wall until it breaks.

I honestly didnt think their was anything wrong with chaperhouse2 or tree2. You need dps to stay up on adds, but the fact that you can use the fire across land to help with a short duration dps buff we had 2 warriors kill adds fine as me (ranger) and a wizard dps down the trees at top. The main boss fight wasnt hard just make sure you get people out of mantraps and kill adds asap.

Chapterhouse people might not realize how to utilize the shrouds, but once you figure out can only dps undead version via shroud and he doesnt do any dmg, the tank is free to kill skelly. If you have a pet class can use a pet to tank the skelly while other dps help kill him, again shroud only deals with the wraith.

Mechanics are what makes these groups missions/raids hard and once you figure them out and how to deal with/avoid em its easy.
  16. CaptAmazing Augur

EW2..named hits like 5 Mack trucks, adds summon from 100% with a large range. This pretty much sums up the difficulty of that one. Other might chime in further.

Queens Decree...way too long for one. Requires specific classes, namely you must have 2 tanks. The Queens mechanic requires it. She hits hard. If failed, she unroots, regens to 100 and starts that mechanic from the beginning. Locking her HPs would go along way in making it doable. At least you can wok her down slowly. Would still take hours but you wouldnt be running out of the instance to med or swapping out mercs cause theyre OOM.

Its funny, cause there was a big stink over raid guilds gating out to avoid a mechanic but seems zoning out to med is OK on this one.

I have a feeling there will a dozen posts about how theres nothing wrong with them.

Dont you guys have a way to see how much of the population had done them? Checking achievements? What % of the playerbase has done Paragon? I'd bet theres less group geared with Paragon than theres raiders with have all the raids down.
  17. CaptAmazing Augur

yeah youre an EQ god..all bow to you.

I hear all these people barking about how its like this or like that and yet they have 20 or 30k more HPS, But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO..its not the raid gear.
  18. gcubed Augur

It isn't so much that any one mission is too hard or overtuned, a couple of them are kind of nasty but all of them have been completed by groups comprised of non-raiders only. The thing is that none of these have been or can be completed by one group that is comprised of non-raiders. No matter how you set up a group, you are going to wind up telling one or more group members that they are being replaced so the mission can be completed.
  19. Falos Augur

My friend and I 100 percented the expansion in group gear like over a month or so ago.
    Genoane likes this.
  20. Nocomplaints Elder

Wow... this takes a turn on the conversation.