Who is the squeeky gear...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ofearl, May 18, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

This is true.

Marl Kastone despawning after one of the 20+ Shadow Knights standing around his spawn point for the last 24 to 28 hours clicking the air non-stop gets lucky and does their tun in has not been addressed (fixed) on TLP servers.

There's nothing more fun than sitting at a NPC (not a monster.. you don't kill him!!!) spawn point to do a quest turn in for 24 to 28 hours along with 20+ other SKs just to do a turn in, and that NPC is up for all of ONE TO TWO SECONDS before he despawns due to someone doing the turn in.

That's some real fun content there. I mean woooh! Yeah baby!

The real joy of it is that you have to do the turn in TWICE to complete the quest. Hell yeah!

Next time you Live server people complain about the TLPs having it easy and being treated better by the devs, stop and think about what you are saying at least. sheesh.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I really can’t fathom how you’re confusing “triggered by” with “laughing at”. I find complaint threads, especially ones from the overly fickle TLP playerbase, to be a source of amusement. We even had a thread going a few years back that was amazing on a bunch of levels, until it (lol) got moved by a mod to the TLP section itself and died/was locked up

FQ crying happens in the vet forum plenty, too, and those are also pretty funny. The hunger strikes and threats to cancel 37 gold accounts and such are a salt laced way of life on these boards. So I don’t know why you’re “triggered” by all of 3 posts observing the irony of a legion of angry folks with pitchforks demanding truebox, getting it, and then discussing a couple years down the road that they’d prefer it be turned off at selective_expansion_09, and someone chuckling about it.

And in defense of that guy’s post, as you said, it was pretty tame for FQ standards, but that still doesn’t mean the overarching irony isn’t there or amusing.
    Gyurika Godofwar and EnchFWO like this.
  3. EnchFWO Augur

I miss that thread :(
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You're just being so unnecessarily divisive. We're all one player base. A tiny, tiny portion of the gaming community still plays EQ. For some reason you've decided to choose one even smaller subsection of that player base and refer to them as a 'cess pool' that is part of a 'circle of derptitlement,' and dismiss even their logical and evidence based requests as 'crying' and 'complaining' even with no direct experience of your own on the subject which they are discussing. But I get it. You for some reason feel both separate from and superior to TLP players. It makes me a bit sad really, but that's the way some folks are I guess. Have a lovely day mate, and keep on fighting the good fight :)
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I’m sorry you feel that way.

The only major divide I’m referring to is that between the chronic complainers who demand constant dev attention and/or lose their minds when the devs change anything at all, and everyone else. And TLP as a group puts out a disproportionate amount of folks from the first group, both in game and especially on FQ. Vets has plenty of it’s own stupidity and it gets (rightly) mocked all the time, too, but it’s not hard to see the difference, so forgive me for chuckling at the latest example of it.

And that’s all I have to say about that. Have a wonderful afternoon as well sir.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Aegir Augur

I think Sheex is refering to the somewhat ironic and yes, funny paradox, that is the thread about a true-box server where members are suggesting removing the true-box ruleset again.

I do however agree that Sheex is running a pretty good spin on it compared to the origin of the discussion going on inside the thread.

I'm a TLP'er myself and have been laughing at TLP threads since May 2015. First three months of Ragefire gets the grand prize. But every new TLP server's first month have some golden bedtime stories.
    Sheex likes this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

You’re one of the good ones, chief. I remember you helping me with something on Ragefire on your warrior late at night one night during Kunark.

And yeah I’m probably going a little harsh on that one thread, it’s more benign than most, but the irony you outlined is definitely the source of the amusement. When one saw the box armies firsthand and then endless pages of FQ tears demanding truebox and finally getting it, the irony is real.

And being able to laugh at ourselves/each other is not a bad thing, especially on Forum Quest.
    Aegir likes this.