Who is rolling a "weaker" class at Yelinak launch & why?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arclyte, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Arclyte Augur

Rogues / Paladins / Druids etc

Is it for the easy raid loot? RP? Like being the odd duck?
  2. Pizzanomicon Augur

I mean druid isn't even bad my dude lmao. The dot consolidation changed that.
    Catalina and Zrender like this.
  3. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Nope. If I can't make a bunch of krono with it, its not a class worth playing
  4. Arclyte Augur

I was playing around with the idea of rolling a paladin this time around

not sure if I can handle the terrible dps though
    Vivace likes this.
  5. Shakara Augur

Isent Paladin the best tank on launch?
  6. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Not just the best tank on launch. The best class of all time. Periodt
  7. Manafasto Augur

I wanted to try a Paladin but I could never get one pass 30 because of how slow they kill. If they would just give them a touch more DPS I think I could bare it.
  8. Zansobar Augur

SK is usually considered the best group tank. Warrior the best raid tank.
  9. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

A paladin also gets twinked the quickest because most guilds only have one or two on raids for a few expansions.

I personally like to choose classes that are dime a dozen in the beginning and quickly fade into near obscurity in the future. Clerics, Druids, Enchanters, and Shamans are everywhere on launch day, yet so many turn into either boxes or just quit the game by velious.

Yelinak only stays in classic for four weeks, so rogues and paladins only need to tough it out for a bit.
  10. Shakara Augur

As long as you are fighting undead its bearable.
  11. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Paladin and druid are fine and both get way stronger over time. Rogue does good enough, it's easy to gear, easy to raid on, and zero responsibilities. I'd consider rogue if I wanted to be a raid leader.
    Vivace likes this.
  12. mark Augur

you can pacify pull up to lvl 55 mobs with pally and slay undead rocks and replaces a cleric for rezzes.
  13. Gnomie Denser than most

I've started with a rogue on every TLP i've ever played to date. I think if I play on yelinak, i've earned the right to be an enchanter, monk, or SK.
    The_Grim_Ogre likes this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

I've seen that often rogues are raid main assists, which is far more responsibility than most players prefer or can handle. Something to think about there. Come to think of it, in groups rogues probably get MA quite often as well.

Necros on the other hand...
  15. rangerous Elder

Ogre SK is the best tank throughout classic. The extra 50 points in stam and unstunnable is the edge.

Pal second.

Warriors are pretty bad in classic.
  16. rangerous Elder

Ogre SKs are still the best raid tank on launch. Warriors defensive ability gives them an untouchable role as raid tanks but that doesnt exist in classic.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Paladin without the ability to spam clickies for aggro sounds like a real gross time.
    Pizzanomicon likes this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

There's still blind and stun
  19. mark Augur

always use the lowest stuns for aggro they get resisted.
  20. Chopsuey Augur

Won't be playing Yelinak. But if I did, I would probably make a rogue alt as I have every other tlp I've played. Always enjoyed rogues. Dual wield melee dps. Position is more important for backstabs. Don't usually get stuck pulling, but they can. Hide and sneak. Add in the mini game of illusion clicky collecting. It's just a good time imo.

If only they would get some loving I could main one.
  21. Trox2010 Augur

Right now Warquest is sitting at around 7 rogues with a few others that might be on the fence. It's going to be absolutely hilarious on raids. It's going to be interesting to see if the servers can actually handle that many rogues.