Who is benefiting from this Research change?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by That One Guy, Jan 18, 2017.

1. That One Guy Augur

2. Toenail New Member

The guy farming King has 7 level 60 necros, 1 lvl 60 mage, 1 60 enchanter w/ dire charm spider, 1 60 cleric.
    He just stands there with enchanter and when King aggro's enchanter the dire charm pet attacks and tanks and the necros all assist and send pets. Probably watching netflix or whatever between spawns.
  3. Bewts Augur

1. People in before the nerf that have stockpiled spells/tomes.
    2. Guild banks that have a surplus of spells to sell.
    3. Boxing crews able to farm named that drop level 60 spells.

That said, if you haven't aquired level 60 spells for yourself and/or boxes yet, expect to pay more for them than you hoped.

Note, I like this change. Going forward, you should be farming for trade ins anyways. It's silly to be able to have all the spells start showing up via research.
  4. jagarr Augur

RadarX just replied to my post asking what will happen to all the already acquired and banked, stockpiled etc. spells and he said:
    cryptic, but i think he means every instance of them... even already scribed versions? scary...

i asked him if this extends down to classic spells like Greater Summoning: Water and that will never be on vendors anywhere, even in POP/AS. will those be locked til the new research system debuts? no reply yet!
  5. Catashe Augur

Theres going to be no real way for them to tell a researched made spell from a dropped spell.. So most likely the only thing thats going to be removed is the DoN tomes that everyone wanted to get nerfed anyway... Cause afterall.. the tomes were so medicore that they are totally OP...
  6. Bewts Augur

I suppose for the tomes that should not be in PoP that you can activate you may not be able to activate.

Sort of like how if you leveled up for a lvl 59 AA such as AE Taunt and the deleveled to say... 52 to fight nagafen and vox, you wouldn't be able to activate it despite having the AA?
  7. malaki Augur

Everyone benefits because immersion.