/who guild all not working (server database to character issue)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, May 24, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have noticed that the /who guild all command it working on some of my toons but not on others. Also wondering if this might be a sign of a large symptom of characters not connecting properly with server databases.

Just a guess.

P.S. tried logging in both through launcher and not and it seems random whether the command works or not so it seems to be some connection issue when the account is logging in.

Had toons where it worked and then relogged and it didn't and had the reverse.
    lockjaws likes this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

When it doesn't work, hit Alt G... you'll probably see Unknown Guild at the top. This also affects things like removing someone from guild, promoting/demoting people etc.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thanks I will check that the next time it happens.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Definitely is the issue, logged in Smokebane last night and everything was Unknown Guild. Tried /w all guild and got nothing back. Even when someone planted the guild banner, Unknown Guild planted the banner (though I was still able to use it...)
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Very weird. Seems a lot of game problems seem to be communications with the databases. Complete guess but I wonder if there is a limit to how many calls are going to a database because the problem seems a lot worse with the higher number of folks online.

I wonder if Daybreak knows what the issue is but can't fix it or are still looking for an answer. Would be a fun problem to figure out.

I can confirm that logging completely in and out will SOMETIMES fix the problem. Seems to be random.
  6. lockjaws Augur