Who didn't see this coming?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rafather, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafather Augur

In addition to the traditional method of purchase directly from a seller, those who have Rain of Fear will also be able to buy items from anywhere in Norrath! Simply search for an item as you normally would using the bazaar menu, then click on the item you'd like to buy. After purchase, two delivery options will be available: delivery to the nearest parcel vendor (available for a modest fee* in game coins), or expedited delivery (via our new Expedited Delivery Vouchers** available in the Marketplace) which delivers the item straight to your cursor.

Thank you for the nickle and diming of a feature that you were so happy to bring us.
    Vouivre likes this.
  2. Smallpox Augur

One could always be a non-slack- and simply go to the bazaar and not have to pay the "modest fee" or buy anything from the marketplace.
    Nennius, Rainbowdash and Bauer like this.
  3. Mikestab Elder

I didn't see this coming. If we have to pay additionally for features that are included in the expansion that is kind of skanky.
    Vouivre likes this.
  4. Bauer Augur

Not seeing the big deal here. Marketplace has always been about selling "convenience"
    If you don't want the convenience of getting an item right to your cursor, then don't use it and pay with coins or visit the bazaar.

Just complaining to complain? Ohhh. Carry on then.
  5. Cakeny Augur

You pay extra for convenience of having things delivered to you in field. Don't wanna pay extra, don't use that feature.
    Bauer likes this.
  6. Recnarp Augur

Farming raids over and over for gear isn't really convenient for me. I mean, we are able to kill the bosses just fine, but farming them for months is just an inconvenience. Let me buy the items.
    Ronak, Xeladom and Vouivre like this.
  7. Cakeny Augur

There is a difference between buying convenience and pay to win.
    Rainbowdash likes this.
  8. Dandin Augur

Someone needs to keep the lights on, man if you don't want it, don't buy it, it's a consumers market, after all :)

Besides... I'm sure there's other stuff in the marketplace you like, maybe this just isn't up your particular ally
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Recnarp Augur

They wouldn't be that stupid. However, I wouldn't put it past them if they sold items like tribute's Second Chance.
  10. JERUS Augur

TBH I don't have a problem with this. We're getting "free" (need the expansion I beleive) offline trading as well as being able to purchase stuff from bazaar in the guild halls for a minor plat fee. Thumbs up from me. I didn't even expect to be able to buy stuff and have it pop strait to me in the field.

Maybe a good Vet AA next time though? Summon Parcel agent?
  11. Rainbowdash Augur

I can't tell you how many times I've seen this suggested or people saying they want this. I'd find it hard to believe if this doesn't go in in 2013...
  12. Orablast Elder

Yes, this is a shock to me. I had figure we would have to buy the feature in the market place, but I had hoped it would have been a one time fee, like the hero forge. Not this, I have to pay each time I want to use it, feature.

And now that I see this type of thing happening, where we have pay per month and pay per feature, and now pay per use of the feature, my guess is this is a sign of things to come.

It truly feels like more money goes to marketplace research than to actually developing game content. And I really love this excuse I keep hearing about how there is not enough money being made by the game, so we have to make sacrifices with features being sold in the marketplace.

Sadly, we keep eating this excuse right up, and if you dare to complain too often, then an army of Elder forum posters will come tell you how much you suck for complaining, doing everything they can to cause an emotional response in hopes of locking the thread down.
  13. Mellifleur Augur

HEY ! I resemble this comment... hmph !
    Vouivre likes this.
  14. CaRnon Augur

edit option is not fully fixed apparently
  15. Trevor Elder

Weren't some of the examples used like "if you're out adventuring and need a potion, just use the autonomous brokering system!"? It's pretty dishonest and sleazy to do this, but then people have and will continue to tolerate being walked over.
    Vouivre likes this.
  16. Tarrin Augur

What feature is being sold in the market place? The " buy something form the bazaar that you could run to pick up yourself..or have it mailed to a parcel vendor for plat..OR have it shipped straight to your cursor for a fee" feature?

I have played no mmorpg personally where you can access the bazaar, auction hall, broker..whatever that game calls it from out in the field and have the item shipped ~to your cursor~. Its pretty standard to have it shipped to ~whatever that game calls its mailing system~..just like Everquest is doing. Having it shipped to the parcel person appears to cost plat and is not any Market Place bought feature.
  17. silku Augur

I remember playing a Mud years ago that had a system like this. You could auction and have it delivered to you for extra money. It wasn't used as much as you'd think. There were times though when you were out in the middle of no where, nothing to do, bored waiting on a spawn that someone else had gotten before you.. and you could browse the Auction channel and buy something you had been after for a while and just hadn't seen. I could imagine browsing the bazaar will replace gems for some.
  18. WarSheol Augur

Havent any of you ever had a pizza delivered? Same thing and the delivery drivers expect tips :cool:
    So you pay for the pizza and you pay a tip which is extra.

This is part of the offline trading system as well. Which people have been wanting forever.
    So if you dont want it you can make the choice not to get or use it.

Also no one has even mentioned their plans to turn the marketplace into all microtransactions, and giving players a shot at making just about any thing from the market if they get the recipie, all that will cost us less real money was talked about in detail at the franchise panel at fan faire.

and as for the what ever ammount of plat cost for delivery, well they did away with requiring an aug to remove most augs so I have a feeling will still be saving more than we spent on that when it was in place.

Those are the facts, correct me if im wrong on any thing :cool:
  19. Orablast Elder

So, you pay monthly to have the ability to call a pizza place whether you buy pizza or not, plus pay for the pizza, plus pay for the delivery of the pizza? Yep, that seems legit.
  20. Thovos New Member

Imagine if you could raid the Bazaar, like a horde of Vikings coming down on an innocent village at daybreak!
    Recnarp likes this.
  21. WarSheol Augur

Not quit your already paying just so you can log onto their servers, so that negates the weather or not thing and the rest of my pizza theory seem o be correct. Because you arent paying a monthly fee every time you buy an item lol

You are paying for the pizza and delivery/tip = item+tax
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.