/who all zonename

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yawn..., Jul 18, 2013.

1. Yawn... Journeyman

I seem to remember having used this command back in the day. The command seems to be gone, and apparently some persons believe it was a GM/Guide only command, or unless one had .

I've never used , and I never was a Guide or GM, so am I inventing memories, or were we really able to /who all zonename? And if so, when was this command removed, and in which patch notes can I find it?
  2. Siddar Augur

It was removed around same time they removed server population numbers.

To easy for Verants competition to analyse games population.
  3. That French Guy New Member

Damn.
    Now I understand why I would always get zero results when checking places I want to go camp by doing a who all.

They should have completely removed the command rather than forcing it to always return zero results.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

miss the days when you could see server populations.
  5. Uxtalzon Augur

They'd rather see players running and zoning somewhere only to have wasted their time realizing the named/place/area is already taken. I miss being able to check zone population.
    Geroblue and Leerah like this.
  6. Jyve Augur

Would be useful, sure. Or call out in /general 'hey, anyone in (zone), with room for one more?' as I can see people having 6 in a group, not-lfg, but 2-3 of them are mercs and would be happy to drop one for someone.
    If not actual numbers, a rough 'low/medium/heavy' pop detection for a zone perhaps. /who zonename 'this zone is [heavy] population' and.. just the group leaders?
  7. Orbicus Journeyman

I think it should return. If population numbers are what we expect that's still an impressive feat considering the state of today's MMOs and age of this game. No shame in those numbers.
  8. mewkus Augur

Considering how many people are in instanced zones, using the /who all would give unreliable information to those competitors attempting to gather such information.
    In the competitive marketplace, it is better that your competition receive faulty information than no information.