Whistling Fists - TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Protocol Dragon Defender

Have any Monks on Ragefire or Lockjaw completed this quest yet? Do we even know if it still works properly? If anyone has finished, do you have any parse data?
  2. taliefer Augur

i completely forgot about this quest. id imagine with the changes to bare fisted damage, especially with epic, its not much use. be interesting to find out tho.
  3. Protocol Dragon Defender

It might be worth offhanding for the stats, or using during pulls for the resists. Personally it's one of those quests I never did so I want to finish it regardless.

I suspect you're right though, equipping it maybe be strictly a downgrade where dps is concerned.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=10340
  4. taliefer Augur

looking through the quest on Zam, i know ive seen the Fallen Monk in seb crypt at least. so at least parts of the quest are active.

i see you need to part of the SK Khukri quest tho, i seem to recall people saying thats bugged, just noto sure at which part.
  5. Pseudofate Augur

I saw someone link them in General chat last night on LJ.
  6. Zublak Augur

Bad thing about that is that people can link items from another server to troll others. Hard to say if it's legit.
  7. Pseudofate Augur

Oh right cross-server. Forgot that was a thing.
  8. -wycca Augur

These were originally a late luclin or PoP item if I recall, I'd be very surprised if they're in.

At the least you're looking at velious simply because thats when the version of CT you turn it into went in.
  9. Simone Augur

One of the members in our guild in Peace of Formosa EX was working on this quest and also couldn't find the NPC in Trakanon's Teeth; it seems like he's not spawning though when he petitioned about it; a GM did tell him that the quest was on the server so it could simply be a bug with the mob not spawning.

I have heard that the quest is actually Luclin era but it was definitely doable pre-Luclin on Vulak'Aerr server. I remember helping a couple of monk friends complete this quest on Vulak'Aerr and I know it was before I joined RIP so it was during either Kunark or Velious era when they completed that quest on that server.

But yeah as a weapon they might not be very good since bare fists are better though I do know someone who wants it for offhand use it certain situations for the saves and other stats as well as the clicky. With the bare fist damage being what it is I actually do not see any reason to not have this quest completable now since it's not going to be an overpowered item so hopefully they can get it fixed for those who want to be able to do it.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It was early Luclin in which the quests were added (around Feb 2002), I think it might have been late Luclin or early PoP before the quest as a whole was completed.