While you're adding achievements...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smokezz, May 15, 2017.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

- The Tear of Alaris should definitely have one.
    - Hunter of Underfoot was missing on release, despite HoT having Hunter achievements.
  2. segap Augur

How about people just keep track of things they want to do and the devs spend time doing useful things? Do we really need a bunch of check boxes telling us what to do in this game? Can't people think for themselves and set their own goals that make them happy?
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  3. Coronay Augur

:rolleyes: ifs not useful to me its useful to no one :rolleyes:
    Ishtass likes this.
  4. Febb Augur

Achievements have been considered content for a while now. Might as well get used to it.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think the 3 shawl-quests should be considered achievements too. They are fairly long, have steep tradeskill requirements, and even involve raid-targets(if you do the raid parts).
    Coronay likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

I don't think it's a big deal if it's easy to do. If the character flags for achievement-oriented stuff are already there and it's just a matter of translating them into achievements, then it's worth doing.

However, personally I only care about achievements that confer stat-benefits. I'd love to see a change that:
    1. Added heroic AA's to as many of the progression-type quest lines as possible.
    2. Added a fairly significant type 3 aug that increased in power based on the number of achievement points you have (With the requirement that someone go through and set stupid achievements to give 0 points).
    3. Significantly increased the power of banestrike based on how much banestrike progress you've made. Such that a fully evolved banestrike is worth some 20-50k DPS.

I get that a lot of people would disagree with the above, and I don't really have an argument against their complaint that doing old content isn't exciting for them. I just feel that I have very little interest in doing old content unless it improves my character even marginally.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Wait till Dzarn decide to make a mega achievement quest that include those to progress :D
  8. Tucoh Augur

I'm ready as long as it doesn't require 350 in all tradeskills to do!
    Coronay likes this.
  9. Orbital101 Augur

Bah, where is the fun then! :rolleyes:
    Coronay likes this.
  10. smash Augur

If that is put in, then it should be fair for everyone.

With that I mean, gnomes + rogues + shamans should not have what I see as an unfair advantage by doing tinkering + poison making + alchemy giving them up to 100 extra tradeskill points to choose from.

Maybe that should already be treated now by having a dev to look into artisan price.
  11. DruidCT Augur

Bah. I really enjoy the achievements, at least as long as they keep the raiding ones separate from grouping ones (/glares TBM). I'd love to see quest achievements added throughout past expansions, I imagine they are fairly easy for the devs to do. Beyond that I'd like to see new quests added per expansion as TLP servers unlock them to flesh out the achievements and give them a bit of a story arc. I'd even like to see collections added to all expansions. But with that many collectibles the bazaar needs a way to filter by collectibles you don't have. I like little stuff like that, but I am probably in the minority. I'm a big fan of revamping things, going back to old models for instance is the exact wrong direction in my opinion. Make new models for things, rebuild old zones with new models, new paint on everything!!! I want modern classic! Heh. Ok, I know people will disagree, but I am allowed to have my opinion.
  12. Sheev Lorekeeper

I'd like a stable lag-free server before they do anything else.
    Xeladom likes this.