While your looking at drop rates for new items...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Greymantle Augur

Any chance we can get LIme's and coarse salt added to current zone forage tables?Or even put on a vender?
    The lime's are not too bad to get currently , just about 5 or six expansion back. But the salt is a pain, spent 2 hours foraging with my ranger. Get double forage with AA and the occasiona 3x with luck. In 2 hours i found 4.
    Both of these items are required for the 'new' stat food.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Ashian Augur

Drop rate is really low, but if you go into DoN and kill everything that moves like a madman, you’ll get a few lime per hour and about twice that in course salt. The lime can also be foraged, although it is quite rare. Given you only ever need to make 1 food / 1 drink, I think it is best these items remain somewhat rare.
  3. Greymantle Augur

As i said the limes are not that hard to get. I can forage them fairly quickly in the barren coast. Just a tad boring even clearing the zone while doing it. The salt, the 4 i got one was from a drop, the other 3 were foraged. Killing everything i came across across multiple zones.
  4. Annastasya Augur

If i recall correctly, goblins tend to drop the salt more often than other models. Temple, Dojo, Broodlands, Delve.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Coincidentally most goblins suffer from high blood pressure.
    Nennius, Skuz, Kialya and 3 others like this.
  6. Lubianx Augur

So far I have found Misty acorns the most annoying.
    I know there are ground spawns (usually not in the same areas) and they are foragable.
    Just seems the rate is less than the other items mentioned above
    Coagagin likes this.
  7. Zeus Journeyman

Why exactly are Lime's limited to 1000 on a merchant with server restarts? This seems like a horrible way to implement anything on a merchant.
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Because they were intended to stay as a foraged item, them showing up on a vendor in limited amounts was just the devs saying okay we will let you have a few on a vendor but most should be foraged still.

That said I still hate having recipes in a current expansion require items that only drop in zones from 17!!!! expansions back - that's ludicrous to me.
    Nothing wrong with re-using items from expansions past but they should drop & be foragable from current zones if used in current recipes.

If the devs DO want compelling reasons to return current era players to old zones they need to do something better in the way of reasons than just forage & tradeskill drops.
    Stymie likes this.
  9. Duder Augur

It's any time there is a new pick. Just hang out at raid times and wait for a guild to spawn a new pick, pick over, buy em out.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

It would also give some folks an additional reason to spend time in a newer zone.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

well we are about to go back to Luck-Lin.. so Payala fruit may see a resurgence.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Its Look-Lin. :rolleyes:
  13. Stymie Pendragon

Luke-Lynn:)
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

I just hope it's not Luck-Less.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

And as to pronunciation; I attended a BBQ at the old SoE campus several years ago and a couple of developers there called it Luck-Lin. Not sure it really matters but you can file that with other bits of trivia.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

They've also said it that way in a few of the videos.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

I'm going to need some official word on the pronunciation of the new expansion. This chaos must end.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  18. Alnitak Augur

Stop it ! Don't disclose this secret to the public!
    I've been doing it for months, a stack of 1000 limes or oranges sell for a cool half a mil pp (yup, 500 pp ea on average) I wish they had archorns for sale too. I'd be charging 1K pp ea.
    You know, bad economy, inflation, gotta feed my kids.
    Also, Coarse Salt is sold in there too, unlimited supply.
    Duder likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Tearer of Lucklin - the greys want their ufo back from Rodcet Nife who used it on a drunken Ram-raid of Qeynos when he was desperate for a cigarette (he only smokes while very drunk, he is the god of health after all).
    Don't fly a UFO while pissed they said...
    He still can't remember where he left the keys.
    Elyssanda likes this.