While waiting for the vote results..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by c313, May 5, 2015.

1. c313 Augur

So while we "patiently" wait for the results. I figured I'd make this thread and get a glimpse of peoples choices.

What exactly did you chose in terms of where it's going to launch? Me personally I chose Classic. Personally feels kinda off for me if it launches in Kunark, or Kun + Vel.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Velious. Letting us choose to open with more expansions was the only nod they gave to upper level content insufficiency; and Classic voters chose the chaotic option.
    Coldsore.Fippy likes this.
  3. Adreus Lorekeeper

I voted for classic because I would like the progression server to be a progression server. Also, I would like a lower max level to start with so it feels like slightly less of a grind. I'd be slightly salty if anything but classic launched, but if Kunark launches with it I guess I would still play.

If Velious is in at launch I won't play at all.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Dandy Augur

I voted for accelerated classic, but if we open with Kunark I will happily roll an iksar and get the Kunark leveling experience.
  5. vardune Augur

I also chose Classic only and max nog.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. kamikazeheart Elder

I chose Classic only with max nostalgia. Second choice was to open with Kunark Accelerated.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. taliefer Augur

accelerated classic- dont want to skip that era all together, but 2 months is plenty
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  8. Adreus Lorekeeper

Agreed. I want a bit of time to sit in pre-kunark EQ, but it does not have to be long at all.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  9. Lowstats Lorekeeper

I don't care what type of speed it is. Just please DB. Don't skip Classic (Well not really skipping, but don't just bring in the first 1-2 expansions at launch :mad:)
  10. MaestroM Augur

I wanna start off by saying that I LOVED Vanilla (Lets be consistent with terminology folks; Vanilla = original release, classic = through Velious).

However, Vanilla is just not available. No Oasis, Commonlands are 1 zone now. New Nektulos.

I would have loved to have leveled up in Vanilla, but its not available. Nor would it be even if even Kunark were locked. I'd rather take my DE self to Kunark asap as possible (lol you like that? I've been enjoying scotch while I read about structured finance. This is as close to playful as law students get) if I can't have Vanilla.

That all being said, I voted for Velious on release. Depending on how they stagger the expansions, this could give up to a year of just Velious before Luclin is released.

Kunark was great, but as a current/former p99er, I've kinda been there done that. Similarly, I really want to raid on this server. I'm fully prepared to do expansion-behind style raiding. I don't need to be in NToV right away. But I do wanna see raid targets. I think that a server launch with either a super accelerated Velious release (within 3-5 months) followed by a super LONG time in just Velious (8-12 months) would be ideal for me. I voted for whatever options are closest to that.
  11. taliefer Augur

no. classic = classic. kunark = kunark. velious = velious.

keep your vanilla references to wow~
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  12. MaestroM Augur

Don't tell me how to live my life!
    Actonup likes this.
  13. taliefer Augur

eat your vegetables!
    Actonup likes this.
  14. Adreus Lorekeeper

As excited as I am for "classic" expansions, I gotta say that I'm pretty pumped for space cats and moon vampires.
    MaestroM likes this.
  15. Demoncrusher Lorekeeper

I voted Classic + Kunark. I believe they really are companion pieces and it makes a lot of sense to play them together for several different reasons.

Also, I leveled through Classic back in '99, but then I had to take a break due to not having a computer at college that ran the game, and didn't get back into it until Velious. So I would like the opportunity to experience the Classic + Kunark era, just for leveling/group content. I won't be raiding until at least Luclin/PoP. I'm an AA junkie and those were the golden days of AAs so that's really what I'm looking forward to.

If we don't get both released simultaneously, I'll probably hold off until Kunark hits and make an Iksar SK. Greenmist!

Though I did have Greenmist on my Gnome... but I'm not doing that faction grind again, no way. That was brutal.

Demoncrusher Debonair
    Retired Gnome Shadowknight of Quellious
  16. Tachyon Augur

Classic! People talk about crowded or whatever. I played EQ since way back and the only thing expansions ever did was spread the community apart. We haven't been crowded since 2002. If only we could be crowded for a bit. I'd like to get to know people for a change. There's no downside to playing together. Time will allow you to expand if you really can't stand it.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Numiko Augur

i voted classic + Kunark just because it will help reduce the crush of level 46+ people squished into only a few zones that spawn exp giving mobs that will occur in a classic only release

and I have never heard the term vanilla used in reference to EQ, the only nick name I remember was Classic + Kunark + Velious = Trilogy
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Brelar Journeyman

I voted classic, but honestly I don't mind if we start in Kunark. I don't see the point of starting in velious though.
  19. Adreus Lorekeeper

Same here. It blows my mind that people want to start in Velious.
    Actonup likes this.
  20. kamikazeheart Elder

A big reason why I'm against Kunark at launch is because of the level cap increase. I want to play in a time when being level 50 actually meant something. I don't want level 60 to be the cap from the start, especially because it trivializes a lot of classic content. Let it be crowded for a while, big deal, level up alts if you can't get a group at 40+. I think people are forgetting how fun the journey is rather than the destination.