Which server is best for casual PUG grouping

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Harrison, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Harrison New Member

Fortunately or unfortunately, I just came back 10 days ago. I created a character on Lockjaw and now I'm kind of in limbo as I wait for Phin (I understand almost everyone here has a lot more invested into the current TLP's than me).

Anyway, now I'm hearing that Phin is shaping up to be ultra-competitive so I'm starting to wonder if I should just stay on Lockjaw. I still think the fresh server is what I'm looking for but now I'm having doubts. There will just be more 15's, 20's, 30's etc on Phin LFGing right?
  2. Nezerak New Member

Phinny will have better grouping opportunities for PUGing than Lockjaw or Ragefire.

Lockjaw is fairly difficult to find any pugs before level 30 outside of prime time, and will only get worse as people move to the new server.

That is not to say that there won't be anyone on Lockjaw, but the lower levels will tend to migrate to the new server.
  3. Delphwind Augur

There were three people in Crushbone last night at prime time.

Two level 8's and a level 60 (current cap) PLing them.

If you want to group wait until Wednesday and start on the new server.

Don't worry about the competitive nature of the server. You really only experience it if you are actively seeking it out.

Also as it is a anti-boxing server (boxing requires separate computers) there will be more people LFG. I would suggest making a class that is group dependent and someone will scoop you up.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Considering how much is going to be implemented that should have been on from the beginning of TLPs no wonder people are headed that way. I dont know why DB does things like this seems they always have done it this way. Costs them and us, I hope this changes from now on but no need to speculate.
    Drexll likes this.
  5. Darth Augur

Let me give you the real TLP experience.

Most people either box or group with friends in static groups.

You have the same chance finding groups on Lockjaw as you will on Phinegal.

The people that PUG during classic are the ones that complain about box/static groups monopolizing zones areas.

PA will be no different than Ragefire and Lockjaw, except I doubt there will be as many Mage Armies of extreme size.

The first week of PA is not for the casual player. So I'd wait a few days to start there.

Best of luck whatever you choose.
  6. Poydras Augur

You also would have an easier time on Phinny joining a casual guild and grouping with them since they are all starting out with you at the same time.

Of course if you play PST time and like to log in relatively late when all the groups are full and you only want to play for an hour or two, you will have a tough time anywhere.
  7. Delphwind Augur

I disagree with Darth a bit here.

The first week of the TLP servers are often the most fun for the casual player.

Even though many players will be pushing past you, there will still be heaps of people leveling up over the next week or two (maybe in part due to the Wednesday release day). This will help you get into a decent level range, and as long as you don't flip flop between classes, easily keep up with the tail end of the mass leveling people.

I also think finding groups even after a few months will be easier than on Lockjaw and Ragefire as there *should* be less people boxing, which in turn should help foster groups to form more naturally.
  8. Lokero Elder

I don't know how "ultra-competitive" it can actually be with the entire game being instanced(nearly), at least early on.

You would definitely find groups much, much easier on Phinigel simply because everyone will be levelling up again. Everyone will be low level, so there won't be people running around PL'ing their low level friends.

If you really want constant groups, the best way to get them is still going to be joining a guild that groups together. That's always been true. That said, groups early on in the life of a new server are a dime a dozen if you actually ask around for an invite/members.
  9. Weverley Augur

The first week there's gonna be tons of pug group. Of course many gonna be on /ooc inside the zone and inside the /pick you are on.The base version of the zone might have too many people and most groups already form so i suggest going to a /pick that got enough people but not too many.Should be easy to find a group there and joining a guild is always a good idea to find group specially as people level.The dungeon as usual gonna be very busy because it's easier to level so place like crushbone,unrest,mistmoore , sol a, upper guk and so fourth gonna have a lot of people .
  10. Evertrek Augur

i am in the same boat. i started a week ago and have had a little luck with grouping but only during prime time with peeps that are on their alts waiting for a raid...

these pay TL servers are not PUG and/or causal. in addition they are a mix of new tech but limited to the zones of the unlocked expansions. there are many bots, krono sellers, and lots of neck beard old farts multi-boxing. no GM support at all. chat is a mix of polite runs-down-memory-lane to crud/vulgar/political/religious themes. no GM to report the latter. with the latest TL server announcement, guilds and players, are selling all their items for krono to prep for the start on the new server. EC has been on the decline all week....

IMO just start a progression guild on one of the f2p servers and roll there. all the content is available and it looks and feels just like the TL pay servers.
  11. Lokero Elder

On that note: use the /lfg tag and window, as they aren't limited to your current instance and are server-wide.
    The problem there is that it seems like alot of people don't understand these exist. Just type /lfg and hit enter.