Which Delay Weapon for Zerkers?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Roguexx, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Roguexx Journeyman

In the raid game, which delay is the best overall for Zerkers? I know it may differ with which burns are rolling, but if you had to just choose one delay (while waiting to get more weapons to cover all delays), which delay is best for raids? 30, 32, or 36 delay, assuming same raid tier?

Thanks!
  2. Nekk Augur

I believe it would depend on the dmg/ratio of the weapon. Always go with the better (higher ratio) wep. If it's close it's not that expensive to play around with dmg augs on dif weps and see which one ends up having the better ratio.
  3. Filter Augur

I don't raid as much as I used to but I switched from the piercer a couple expansions ago to the 2hb. The 2hb, when using rampage, hits for more and there are benefits while grouping with a bst if I'm not mistaken. I've parsed all three and they are similar in dps but if you are constantly keeping rampage on cool down there is a benefit with the 2hb.
  4. Alnitak Augur

My zerker always uses the first raid ore of the expansion on 2HS weapon. It has Vampiric Consumption proc. It's been countless times when a rogue, a monk or a beastlord goes down from AE or rampage while I still got some health due to self-heal. A dead zerker has far lower dps than a live zerker.
    True, I may be #2 or #3 zerker on raid parse, but quite often not #25 due to death-rezz-missing buffs.
    Yes, on uber raid in uber guild, when people get OCD with min-maxing 2HB may pull slightly ahead, but in reality weapons have no practical difference in dps, though proces can and sometimes do make a difference.
    On a side note - augments add fixed amount of damage, so lower delay weapons have a slightly higher ratio benefit from the same augs.

Overall - just use whatever weapon you want and can get.
  5. Cadira Augur

2hb 36 delay for rampage is the best choice as long as the ratio is (virtually) the same as your other options with lower delays.

The idea that beastlord (or any class's) hhe is better suited for high delay weapons is a parsable myth and not something to take into consideration.

In cov I parsed the difference between the 30 delay spear nugget weapon and 36 blunt on some long parses on a house dummy. The spear was almost negligibly higher dps. I then tested the beastlord dicho theory and found it to be false -- their dps gain was the exact same % increase with dicho on each weapon. I also tested each weapon with the full burn going, and interestingly enough found 36 delay had a small, but significant increase in dps over the spear in that circumstance. No rampage was used in any parses, which would favor 2hb in any situation even more.
    Sancus likes this.
  6. menown Augur

Along with this, it is important to realize zerkers have poor proc rates. Lifetap procs are nowhere near reliable, and may only be helpful if your healer died until the next AE rampage.

It is also plausible that lower delay weapons suffer more with raid lag. The server cannot process shorter delay weapons as smoothly as longer delay weapons on really laggy events.
    Sancus and Cadira like this.
  7. Szilent Augur

Berserkers have 1% melee leeching from Blood Absorption AA. That 1% blows away the healing of any procs.
    Sancus and menown like this.
  8. Razorfall Augur

Using Coagulated 2H wepons

No Damage Aug
    2HP: 23.97
    2HS: 23.97
    2HB: 23.97

With ToL Reactive 2H aug
    2HP: 24.93
    2HS: 24.88
    2HB: 24.78

Now, there are a lot of things for zerkers that scale off of weapon delay, so I don't know if it's worth it to sacrifice the ratio for that damage.

Edit: Oops forgot to update 2hb
  9. Alnitak Augur

Let me adjust for adding of Black Diamond of Crippling (+3DMG type 5 aug)

2HP: 25.03 - 100.6838 %
    2HS: 24.97 - 100.4425 %
    2HB: 24.86 - 100 % baseline

miniscule, but measurable difference. It's all the same for me.
    minimind likes this.
  10. Razorfall Augur

Oh yeah I keep forgetting that exists lol (and also to update 2hb).