Which classes use Dichotomic in group/raid?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Dec 29, 2017.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Hi,

I was wondering which classes use dicho in group and raid.

:)
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I would imagine the list would be shorter for which class doesn't use them. I know as a Shaman we chain cast ours. Zerker one is also chain clicked, not 100% sure on the others though.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. Vlerg Augur

There's a rather large amount of fire immune stuff in veeshan peak (and talendor in T3 raid) which make wizard dicho useless VS them... but that's a special case I suppose.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

So
    Shaman, group & raid: all the time
    Wizard, group & raid: all the time, minus fire immune mobs

Would that be adequate?
  5. S33k3r Augur

I'm still using mine in groups / raids (Druid)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

All the time? Situational?
  7. Rorce Augur

Berserker: always on lockout
    Beastlord: use when Gift of Mana procs (at least that's what I do, but I'm new to Beastlord so maybe I'm doing it wrong).
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Current input:
    Shaman || group, all the time || raid: all the time
    Cleric
    Druid || group: used || raid: used
    Beserker || group: always on lockout || raid: always on lockout
    Beastlord || group: on GoM || raid: on GoM
    Rogue ||
    Monk ||
    Bard ||
    Ranger ||
    Warrior ||
    Paladin ||
    Shadowknight ||
    Wizard, group all the time || raid: all the time, minus fire immune mobs
    Magician ||
    Necromancer ||
    Enchanter ||
  9. strongbus Augur

necro here use mine all the time. raid/group/solo/etc(granted when I group the group is killing 2 or more at a time 1 of which is me root rotting or kiting.)
  10. shruggz Elder

not a raider so my input is group only,
    shaman- always
    sk- frequently, very useful
    mage- frequently
    bard- almost never (though I haven't played him much in the last year things may be different now?)
  11. S33k3r Augur

Yes, I use all the time and it can crit for 400k damage/100k+ heals. With Remote, Survival & luna can use to heal without changing targets.

Also it can proc trigger twice as many procs, i.e. can get 2 Hand of Holy Wrath from priest 1H.

I also use Dicho on my SK (great to heal when pulling) and Enchanter (nice adps).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Brohg Augur

Gyurika Godofwar and Rorce like this.
  13. Brohg Augur

Magician dichotomic is shady as ****. The deagro proc means Dicho is anti-tanking, so the large heal amount that inflates the cost so much is only valuable versus AE style damage. Healable AEs are not common in either raid content (where pets are typically either "fine" or "dead") or groups (wherein you might be wanting the pet to tank, besides), and the dps of Dicho depending on pet procs makes Dicho suuuper unreliable for dps in raids. I'm sure the spell has niche uses, but magician Dicho is far and away the worst, to the point that leaving it in a spell gem is pretty questionable.

All 15 others are really good and should be used very nearly as much as possible. Paladin is the only one of those 15 that isn't top functional to outright spam. It's "just" a fabulous stand-in for nearly everything a paladin wants to be doing (agro or self heal or group heal or stun).
  14. p2aa Augur

Warriors use it all the time in group and in raid.
  15. Tucoh Augur

My perception/usage of dicho

Warrior:
    [IMG]

Berserker/Ranger:
    [IMG]

Shaman:
    [IMG]

Cleric:
    [IMG]

Beastlord:
    [IMG]

Bard:
    [IMG]

Mage:
    [IMG]

But seriously, everyone but bards and mages I use very frequently. I use bard's when I don't have to worry about endurance. It has to compete with vainglorious/boastful for endurance now, and I think best case scenario it does some 200k damage vs the 400-500k avg dmg from boastful (and vainglorious hits multiple mobs)? And that's ideal damage assuming your group uses the entire buff and there's no stacking issues. So for sustained fighting it's not better DPS.

Mage's dicho isn't worth the cast time + recovery time, better to cast a spear instead. I know TBM is two expansions old, but I'd really love it if Dichotomic Companion lasted like, 2x as long, had no 100 hit count max, increased proc rate to 300, dropped the aggro component and had some tanking bonus. I think the buff is a really good idea, and it's unique in terms of being a pet-buff, but it's just too short and not powerful enough.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Wizard Dicho seems to have a problem with abilities that have counters(improved twincast, arcane destruction, frenzied destruction, etc), it uses 2 counters but isn't enhanced by them.
    Apart from that bug, its good damage and useful for decreasing aggro.
  17. DaciksBB Augur

I use monk dicho all the time in group and raid with Heel and Speed. If it comes up and the event is almost over, I'll click it then
  18. Cicelee Augur

As a magician I never use it solo or in groups. On raids it is memorized and occasionally used on AOE events. I do find it does 3-4 DD procs per usage, and the heal over time helps.

Although I will not lie, I have been decreasing usage as of late and question how truly effective it is for myself. Like someone mentioned earlier, the time spent casting the spell could be used for another spear or volley which does significantly more damage. Great idea, poor implementation....
  19. Rashod Lorekeeper

Beastlord - number one spell on multibind. Keep it on cooldown at all times during raids and groups.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Less crack. It is worthless for paladins. The only paladins using it are the terrible ones. It has a 1 minute recast, that alone makes it awful. It is a miniscule group heal, and a stun to 110 (means it doesn't even stun half the mobs in RoS for that matter) with a overide hate value. The only thing of value was the hate and instant cast, but if you're trying to do aggro, you don't have the gems to use it anyway.

We didn't have the spell gems to accommodate it before, and we certainly don't now that we lost one spell gem in RoS (gained 1, but now using 2 for preservation and hate over time) in order to keep aggro.

I don't get this deal with war/sk always having to lie and make up stuff about paladins, or pal/sk always having to lie and make up stuff about warriors, or war/pal always having to lie and make up stuff about shadow knights.

Like dealing with a bunch of babies.