Which class is everyone choosing for Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Steele, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Rhodz Augur

Yeah that has to be seriously considered but one cant have everything can one?
    As for charm pets...
    Meh they are disposable, if the health got low after a fight and we didn't want to wait or invest mana in heals just break charm, root it and get another pet, kill the former pet and keep rolling.

Of course it doesn't go smoothly all the time but isn't that the fun of it?
  2. Rhodz Augur

I will give the Enc/Clr duo credit and that's the ease of starting or joining a group.

If things play out as they always have in the past, it is tanks that will be the hard nut to crack for groups.
    One of the reasons we keep looking at some combo with a tank in it but honestly we regret grouping as often as we enjoy it given the character of most random groups.
    So a Clr/Tank combo is great for building groups as an Enc is usually easy to find, that is exactly what you are committed to doing just about from then on. The good and the bad
  3. DariyaVika Augur

I played one to 51 on phinny before the slow xp sucked the nostalgia right out of me. You'll probably enjoy it, especially if you willingly adapt to different group roles. Running really fast and also being a great puller is a lot of fun. After level 30 though, you're pretty much like a cleric or warrior in that you absolutely need a group, because soloing is really boring and annoying.
  4. DariyaVika Augur

I'm going to play a cleric as my main, and also have a necro or druid alt for soloing when no groups are available.
  5. Rhodz Augur

Every time I play a Bard I get reminded of how much fun swarming used to be and get very sad.
  6. Redeux New Member

No doubt about it.
    Bard.
  7. DariyaVika Augur

Bards are still awesome in groups, really loved playing it, but would have liked to have experienced swarm kiting.
  8. Donroy Elder

Torn between a bard or ranger. I've mained a bard for 15 years and love it so much but I've always wanted to level a ranger from scratch.
  9. Ultrazen Augur

Necro or druid first, to farm plat and gear for my ranger come PoP. Necro is nice for farming with both kinds of invis and feign death, druid is great early on for ports and sows. Can actually make a lot of money early on with that.

That or I may just play a chanter right from the start. I do love my chanters.
  10. Hirbow Augur

just like last TLP server. Rogue :)
  11. Rhodz Augur

For that you have to go to P99, try it out.
    It was great, I never got bored of the actual game play only the downtime waiting on repops.
    Literally the best time in EQ as any slip up at all was a corpse run. If memory serves the highest number of mobs I ever kited was 30 something in PoP. Not the time for lag heh.
    Once I happened to hit the Hill Giants and had the place to myself shockingly for almost an hour stating at about 3:30 am. Wow made a few plat on that one and had a blast.
    Wish they had found a better way of handling the problems it caused in some zones but this is what we have and that Bard still sits on FV, geared and ignored.
  12. Caale New Member

Played EQ from about 2000 to 2005. Cleric was my main, so thinking about that again since that's what I'm familiar with. Had a bard, necro and warrior alt as well, but thinking cleric again.
  13. Razzle Augur

As long as you are having fun that is all that matters! :)
  14. Kinlin Lorekeeper

I have been trying to answer this question myself. I have always played a ranger live/phinny. I dont know if I want to do a ranger again or start with an enchanter or monk and then make a range later. So many decisions.....
  15. nagash101 Augur

Mage, Mage, Mage, Mage and a Druid for Ports/Heals. Next set of toons which i can gear with all the loot i farmed with my Mages will be, Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Shaman being PLed by my Druid.
  16. Sakuraba Augur

Enchanter, I suppose.

Feel the need to rise above being a mere DPS lol.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Yeah I know, practically speaking the monk is a lot of fun but you end being very busy pulling in most camps (if a good puller) while everyone else relaxes a bit in between pulls and yells for more and faster. Gets tiring sometimes and man are there a crap load of monks.
    Enc are fun with the added complexity but there is going to be a crap load of those if people are to be believed but I really didnt notice a situation of too many Enc on Phinny at all. If you have done Rng to death by all means change up to something else.
  18. steiner Augur

is shaman okay to roll after the nerfs? i want to be able to solo after years of war/sk/pal. and there is no other class left that interests me...
  19. Dysaio New Member

20. Anyelle New Member

Definitely a monk. I rolled a bard on P99 and had a blast, but no swarm kiting is a killer on live. I rolled an alt monk on P99 and fell in love. Only got to lvl 22 before quitting the server.