Which class can Molo named in RoS?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slayerwolf, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Slayerwolf Elder

When I just hit 105 on my SK and had gotten full defensive aa and decent gear, I could molo most any t1 EoK named. I loved EoK, and I loved being able to make money from it.

However, in RoS, even at 110 with near max aa, i have no ability to molo named. Mobs like "a bluff golem" or "an iron sentinel" just seem impossible for an SK, even with RoS raid gear I'd imagine. Anywho, I see BST and MAG doing this stuff with adds and loling all the way to the bazaar. Should I reroll BST or MAG?

My main goal in EQ is probably to be able to molo t1 named of the current expansion and to kill raid content easily. Until now, SK served that purpose. Now, I'm very unsure. Any opinions on what class would fit the bill for RoS and beyond? Thanks in advance.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Magicians LOL our way to the bazaar due to our ability to pick up collectibles, or kill zone trash one at a time for collectibles, and then sell in bazaar...
  3. Maedhros High King

Depends on the named. Sk's are definitely very high on the list of classes that can molo named and pretty much all content.
  4. Slayerwolf Elder

It just seemed different at 105. I'd prefer a class that isn't subject to nerfs/buffs. Which class has stood the test of time and can solo RoS? Beastlord? I'm afraid they'll nerf it once I finally get him leveled and ready. Hah!
  5. Lheo Augur

Remember RoS is the FIRST 110 Expansion and EOK was the LAST 105 one, thats the difference ;)
    Denial_Sinfae, Kaenneth and Thraine like this.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

Every time you have a level cap its quite some time before you get back to where you were prior, thats why I don't like level increases because its an illusion of character growth.

Many classes even maxed out at 110 verses current content will be no where near as powerful as they had been at 105.

If your desire is to farm named then a magician is the way to go. Necromancers and beastlords are also very good at this but are much more prone to nerfs or mob power curves impacting it. Magicians will always have the most hardy pets. Most old raids are so heavily scripted or simone says like these days that they will remain very unfriendly to farming with any class for quite some time.
    Cazmac likes this.
  7. Thraine Augur

i doubt you will have better results with any other class. SKs are good, just find a grouping partner and things will be 'easier' =)
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

as a raid shaman I could solo/molo most named in EOK. as was said before, there's a few things that are effecting that ability in RoS.
    1- this is the first 110 expansion, so the plethora of abilities that were there in eok aren't fully developed for RoS yet.
    2- not fully raid geared / quested out just yet, so hp/ac/mana aren't where they will be in 6 months....
    3- some mob types in RoS have abilities that just don't lend themselves to soloing as much.

we're like 2 weeks into the expansion and you're already upset that you can't solo it? c'mon man!
    Kaenneth likes this.
  9. tnot Elder

It isn't just you... I play a Mage ( 3 of them ). Haven't played in a couple years, but I was pretty used to being able to 2 or 3 box T2 named in previous expansions. RoS is just harder than previous expansions, nearly every named has a 70k+ DoT or 100k + DD, often aoe. My group is under geared but I'm unable to kill most any RoS Named, their procs are devastating when you have 110-130k hit points, often one-shot me.

I'm going to have to go back to EOK, fully gear up there, then return to RoS, hit 110 ( for earth pet ), and then maybe I can 3 box these named. Or I may buy conflagrant armor.

The irony is, by the time I'm geared enough to box the named in RoS, I'll likely be fully geared and need almost nothing that they drop.

That isn't a complaint, though, I like that they're hard, but having trade skill-made armor which is only barely below T2 RoS gear is kind of demotivating, I like hard stuff but the reward needs to be appropriate, too. And if the rewards are barely an upgrade from purchase able stuff, and everything is no drop ( so no selling, either ) meh... Stinks.

TLDR: Theres no class for which killing RoS named is objectively 'easy'. They even seem to have tuned their procs to make it intentionally harder for pet classes. I play 3 mages and even once Im fully geared and 110 the encounters will still be difficult, If I only played a single character ( or even 2 ), I probably could not kill ( most ) RoS named as a mage.
    Cazmac likes this.
  10. Gnomeland Augur

Knights took a significant nerf the month before the expansion and then another one a while later. It's also never been easy for knights at the start of an expansion cycle due to not having the best equipment. So yeah, you're going to have issues, and yes, pet classes are probably having it easier than you at the moment.

This will change, however. It always does.
  11. Annastasya Augur

Step 1. Invite a real healer to your group
    ..Step 4. Profit.
    Mehdisin Mahn and Bigstomp like this.
  12. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

while you're at it, invite some dps =P