Which aug stats do clerics prefer?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sirene_Fippy, May 13, 2013.

1. CaRnon Augur

I use my renewals/fast heals/group heals/ etc.. + splashes random buffs etc during raid and still do not have the issues with mana.. My mana bar might get a bit low at times but only time I am out of mana is the few seconds after I am resed usualy.
  2. Karhar Dream Crusher

I use it every time its up, its in my normal rotation. With Rod + VP + Yaulp you should never have any issue with any mana unless you're dead twice in 10 minutes. If you're that low on mana QM yourself 45k mana every 10 minutes to yourself or 15k to yourself and 30k for someone else. 45k is half of my mana, if I use 45k mana every 10 minutes there's something wrong, and that's survivability.

P.S. I use group heals a lot too.
  3. Crystilla Augur

I don't usually have mana issues and have even less once I got all 3 augs (weapon proc, the helping hand aug and the shawl aug) while using yaulp spell.

I don't actually use renewals as often, though it's always on my spell bar so I use it when I need it (no macros, no rotations, I freestyle heal). But I do use group elixers and other mana intensive spells often.
  4. Belchere Lorekeeper

As a cleric, I find that there isn't a ton of difference to the augs you loot. Our mitigation is such that extra AC is not noticeable in any parses that I've run - the exception being Shield ac > all. The OP said they do not run out of mana, so therefore I would not avoid AC augs, but I also wouldn't feel bad about passing on them to melee that don't have either. If the situation changes, and you start to see mana concerns, then obviously pure mana/hWis augs then become much more desirable.

It's been several years since I've actively tried to solo/molo mobs with our Vow of XXX line, so I don't really have any current parses, but from before I can guarantee that I didn't see any difference after an upgrade of 50ac in the amount of damage I was taking over time. Clerics are in an enviable position, in that we hardly ever draw heal agro these days, so don't need to do a lot of worrying about getting beaten on, unlike melee, that pretty much *have* to have pure AC aug lineups in order to have a decent chance at tanking mobs.

I would say that much more important than the augs you have, would be the weapon proc. I find the mana return proc to be much more desirable on a weapon as opposed to the group heal proc, and I don't even consider a dmg proc for a cleric weapon.

just my 2cp.
  5. Kamea Augur

<--- Not a cleric.

Question re: Anomalous Rock of Alteration.

The most common stat I see cited for that is 2% mana savings. 2% of mana savings can easily add up to 1,000+ during various situations. Mana pres also has more advantages over +mana augs tied the fact it doesn't require you to be FM to do anything (IE, if you get rezzed mid fight, it doesn't matter if you have a 90k or 100k mana pool, your current mana will be below 90k.)

I always assumed mana pool focused clerics banked this while plopping in mana+hwis augs to help their magelo ranking. Am I wrong in my assessment of Anomalous Rock of Alteration, or is there is there a legitimate reason (beyond the AC/HP on most mana augs) to use mana augs over this?
  6. Mykaylla Augur

If you value mana, there isn't really a reason to use a mana aug over the anomalous rock for anything other than magelo padding. The great thing about the spec mod is that it's fixed, too, while that ring we're wearing is a variable focus- sometimes it's 1% mana pres, sometimes it's 7%, sometimes it's 20%, et cetera.

Not everyone is aware of it, or has luck getting it, though- and groupers need to get their hands on a slot 8 item to use it.
    I farmed that raid for three years. In SoD I taught myself to solo it- and it was hard; I wasn't maxed on AAs yet, cleric DPS has gained considerably since then, no Shining, no fade- you could run out of time if you just killed everything. I used to die three times in a row at the zone-in, then /corpsedrag two corpses and spam /corpse on the third, to use them as ghetto fades to charge through see invis and hide behind boxes to cut down on how much I had to kill. I learned every place I could sneak through, I used promise and HoT to watch server ticks to creep past things- it was crazy. I've been back since, and I've still actually never seen the aug drop personally- when I got mine, I was added to an instance that the group clearing it said they were farming for tribute. The aug is my bane.

If you see one not using it, ask them why- they might not be aware it exists!
  7. Trajet D'Or Augur

275 Spec Alt is 14.75% mana savings, 1-17 Bene Pres is 9% and Spell Casting Mastery 4 is 15% so you're spending 61.25% assuming Alteration is primary spec, 58.75% with raid Bene Pres.

Adding Spec Alt aug to that lowers it to 59.25% which is 96.7% of 61.25% or a 3.3% mana savings or to 56.75% which is 96.6% of 58.75% or a 3.4% mana savings.

Yes, you could apply Spec Alt 275/315 and Bene Pres to get a value without SCM4 and see that training the AA lowers your mana cost by more than 15% using the same method.

Most accurately it saves 2% of the base cost of a spell, for a rough benchmark it lets you cast 30 spells for the cost of 29.
  8. CaRnon Augur

Anomalous Rock of Alteration is my fav aug and has sat in my arms slot since I can remember (and will only be replaced when the newer version of it comes out next expansion).

Any cleric that knows about this aug and still don't have it make me laugh... (Now I understand folks who have the worst luck with drop RNG and have not gotten it YET...) but folks who just refuse to get it/don't try to get it seem like they are just trying to handicap themselves and not be as efficient as healers as they can be. makes me scratch my head... Now I understand magelo padding and such BUT when your actually in game healing I cant see why you would not want this aug equipped.

Now as far as straight mana/heroic wis augs in gear over AC/heroic agi augs goes.. most of you probably know where I stand (Big AC/heroicAGI fan here!).. Sure its neat to have an 100k mana unbuffed magelo and such but like I keep saying... you mana bar does not mean anything when your dead... I rather take that (what some folks keep calling) "small increase" from AC augs then the little mana that I might get from another heroic wis aug...

Incase your courious yes I do look into other stats on my augs as I do look at my HP's along with heal amount/clair and such in my augs.. but when I grade my augs AC is the stat I give the highest score. No matter how "small" or "useless" some folks may think AC to clerics is I know it still benefits me as a cleric and will continue to choose it over a little bit more mana.

And since I have changed the way I choose augs from going straight mana to a more defensive way with ac and such I live a lot longer and more often on raids... even if its only one less hit by a named... that one less hit might be enough to allow me to survive till the tank can pull the mob back off me.