Which aug stats do clerics prefer?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sirene_Fippy, May 13, 2013.

1. fransisco Augur

The OP specifically mentioned using group gear. In a group, most damage comes from melee. And hp augs are pretty worthless for melee damage compared to AC for any class - due to the tiny proportion of HP gain you get compared to AC

As for ac being so 8 years ago, breathing was so 8 years ago, but we all still do it too. Cause its good.
    CaRnon likes this.
  2. Rogue Augur

Thanks for your concern for the group game but the topic has moved onto the raid game.
  3. CaRnon Augur

Not really.. Gearing for AC is still important as we still do get hit by mobs even on raids. Of course HPs are important.. along with mana... but discounting AC is just foolish.

I do love when people make up random %'s and try to put them off as a fact to help make their opinion seem true.

Clerics still do get hit on raids. With adds and mobs that blur/drop agro randomly we can find our selves on top of a mobs hate list from time to time and if a cleric can last a round or two its usually enough time for a tank to snag agro and get the mob off the cleric. And from talking to other raid clerics pretty much on a daily basis I know I am not alone in this thinking.... So it does not matter if you think something is "so 8 years ago" it is still a effective way to aug as a cleric...
    crystilla likes this.
  4. Rogue Augur

fact not opinion, on raids clerics take 99% more damage from spells than melee, its really not debatable. Mana always is always needed, hp is always needed, ac, not so much.
    Kaylord101 likes this.
  5. Ardin Elder

Cleric can survive any (i am not including DT and other far above anyone's amount of HPs) AE without problems, but cannot not survive few adds beating him if he/she doesn't have enough AC/hAgi and DA/fade buton under his/her finger. Few K hps will not save you from anything. And with more AC/hAgi priest gives more time to allmighty RNG to proc ToTD.
    crystilla and CaRnon like this.
  6. CaRnon Augur

Well its not a fact.. your just tossing in random numbers and trying to call it fact... there is no need to debate about it...what you are trying to push as facts is just totally false.

As a raid cleric I have to say AC is very much needed along with HP/MANA... and to be honest.. the max HP you can get from augs is less a benefit then getting the most AC you can get from augs.

Lets just say you find super augs that have 300hps per aug X that by your 21 slots you can put augs in.. you get 6300hps +- depending on your heroicSTA... That is less HPs then most mobs hit for and wont do much to help you out with most AE damage. BUT if you add AC to all of your augs the ability to avoid melee damage might save you one or two more rounds then before which might be the difference between life and death.

SO Yeah.. we raid clerics do get hit by AE.s BUT we do get hit by melee enough (Way more then the 1% you claim we do) to make it worth it to focus on AC/heroicAGI on your augs.

I am done with this conversation. I have played a cleric for about 13 years and in raid guilds for almost all of that time.. I have changed the way I gear/aug over the years and at this time its more efficient to gear my augs towards AC. With my raid gear HP/MANA is not a issue so the best way to improve myself is with AC/hAGI .

Now maby you are right.. gearing yourself for AC might be "so 8 years ago..." But if it was.. then history has repeated itself. Because it is again a good idea to focus on your AC.
  7. Crystilla Augur

While Rogue is correct that clerics will get hit more times with AE's than with melee (in raids), the part not quite being grasped is what Carnon just mentioned -- AE's we already will have covered via regular healing/gear (unless we're undergeared still).

Augs will generally already have HP/MANA associated with them. What comes next is looking at what will help those "other" times and for clerics it is when getting hit by adds, accidental rampage, etc.

I don't aug full AC as much as Carnon does, but I can survive when I am getting hit rather than try a pansy move and fade or backup, not knowing who next will get swallowed by the add or rampage.
    CaRnon likes this.
  8. Karhar Dream Crusher

Most of the time im being hit is an add or rampage, every once in awhile i'll tank queen piggy when a tank goes down, If a mana focus'd cleric with no ac tries, gl with that.
    crystilla and CaRnon like this.
  9. Tenlaienye New Member

On my cleric it's AC/hAgi focus all the way, filling in the rest as appropriate.
  10. Kyreth Elder

I see that there is a general consensus over the importance of AC/hAgi in augs, which now makes me paranoid about the rest of my gear. Does it matter if I'm still selecting the items touted as "best" for Clerics?
  11. Mykaylla Augur

People play the way they want to play.

The whole "best" thing is an indication of the template used to create the item, that's all.

Each class was assigned a primary heroic stat, a secondary heroic stat, and a tertiary heroic stat. In beta, input from said classes was asked for. Not much was given for clerics, to be honest, so the base template of wisdom primary, stamina secondary, agility tertiary was not altered in any way.

I actually spoke with Chandrok at fan faire prior to beta, where he talked with me briefly about the all/all gear concept that was going in, and I mentioned that I don't go for stacking lots of wisdom, I focus on AC and heroic agility, but I certainly didn't say that everyone gears the same way I do. Four years ago, I was mostly in the company of people like Wildeone, Szeria, Lluianae (even if he was mostly retired), Lokiri, Gindainy in focusing on AC and got told that I was weird and stupid a lot; now it has become more common, but there are still plenty of people that like stacking wisdom and mana (in part because magelo ranking still sorts by mana, and while I spent a lot of time at the top for AC, I'll never be number one on the standard rankings ;) ).

Going for the template that clerics, druids, wizards and mages share, will probably see you getting gear faster, depending on your loot system; a DKP system, the silkies are more likely to back off a cleric getting a needed focus effect like their neck or a ring (though bid harder against you for shoulder and face items), and a loot council or merit system is likely to award similarly. AC and heroic agility gear means waiting on tanks to get what they need, maybe with the odd enchanter template piece here and there despite the lower AC (interestingly enough, despite the public outcry about her on the boards, it was Florencia who talked in-depth with Chandrok about what enchanters look for in gear, and subsequently they don't have the template of intelligence, charisma, stamina they would have had prior, but rather agility, stamina, intelligence, which is much better for them). Tanks need gear, which means either being a clod, or waiting. I don't mind waiting. I camp AC augs for tanks, and then I camp for me, but not everyone is happy waiting.
  12. Kyreth Elder

I've only just dug myself out of a pretty deep DKP hole (ours is a zero-sum system and nobody knows who else is bidding), so I've been slowly buying items with the raid currency which leaves my choices wide open.. and with everything being ALL/ALL I have no clue what I'm doing any more, haha.
  13. Ylyrra-TP Journeyman

Interesting discussion. I had not considered the AC/HAgi route until Kyreth mentioned it while we were at SOE Live this year. Heretofore, I've always been an advocate of HWis, but with our VP/QM and mage rods, I never run oom any more, but I do often get hit on raids, through either rampage or getting summoned when tanks die. I like the survivability options being displayed here by going the AC route. Looks like I need to take some time (while I have it now in the 3 weeks between semesters) and work on a revised gear plan. It's going to be hard after all these years of "mana is king" mentality! :)
  14. dalead Elder

Only 4 of my aug slots don't have some kind of AC in it and I don't specifically gear towards AC. If you pick up some decent augs, it'll have AC on it more often than not.
  15. Kellan Journeyman

Just remember: cultural armor with raid augs has more AC than normal raid armor, so those who think AC is king should all be wearing cultural.
  16. Mykaylla Augur

This is not true- in this expansion in particular, only the very lowest tier of non-cultural is exceeded by cultural, in group or raid. In the last few expansions, cultural was below the top tier, and that is before taking into account the difference in purity yielding more AC from power sources.

Raid

Regal Moonglade Armband, with Transcendent Wrist Symbol of Growth and Fearlinked Plate Wrist Seal of the Stargazer (Max raid cultural)
    Purity: 90
    AC: 184
    STR: 22+11 DEX: 24+12 STA: 26+12 CHA: 24+11 WIS: 25+11 INT: 20+7 AGI: 26+12 HP: +2863 MANA: +2842 ENDUR: +2831
    SV FIRE: +60 SV DISEASE: +60 SV COLD: +60 SV MAGIC: +60 SV POISON: +60
    Combat Effects: +7 Shielding: +3% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +7 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +3% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +3% Attack: +30 HP Regen +5 Mana Regeneration: +5 Damage Shield: +4 Clairvoyance: +36 Spell Damage: +22 Damage Shield Mitigation: +2 Heal Amount: +24
    Focus: Nacreous Strike II

Dreadweave Illuminator Bracer with Oath of Marr purity aug (Tier 4 raid wrist)
    Purity: 105
    AC: 201
    Skill Add DMG: Bash +14
    STR: +22+11 DEX: +20 STA: +27+14 CHA: +24+13 WIS: +28+14 INT: +20 AGI: +26+13 HP: +3066 MANA: +3221
    Combat Effects: +6 Shielding: +3% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +7 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +3% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +3% Attack: +25 HP Regen +4 Mana Regeneration: +5 Damage Shield: +3 Clairvoyance: +46 Spell Damage: +26 Damage Shield Mitigation: +2 Heal Amount: +32
    Required level of 100.
    Focus: Nacreous Strike III

Silvershade Illuminator Bracer with Oath of Marr purity aug (Tier 3 raid wrist)
    AC: 194
    STR: +22+11 DEX: +20 STA: +27+13 CHA: +24+12 WIS: +28+14 INT: +20 AGI: +26+13 HP: +2966 MANA: +3116
    Combat Effects: +6 Shielding: +3% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +7 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +3% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +3% Attack: +25 HP Regen +4 Mana Regeneration: +5 Damage Shield: +3 Clairvoyance: +43 Spell Damage: +24 Damage Shield Mitigation: +2 Heal Amount: +29
    Required level of 100.
    Focus: Nacreous Strike III

Apocryphal Illuminator Bracer with Oath of Marr purity aug (Tier 2 raid wrist)
    AC: 189
    STR: +22+10 DEX: +20 STA: +27+13 CHA: +24+12 WIS: +28+14 INT: +20 AGI: +26+12 HP: +2892 MANA: +3038
    Combat Effects: +6 Shielding: +3% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +7 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +3% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +3% Attack: +25 HP Regen +4 Mana Regeneration: +5 Damage Shield: +3 Clairvoyance: +41 Spell Damage: +22 Damage Shield Mitigation: +2 Heal Amount: +27
    Required level of 100.
    Focus: Nacreous Strike II

Gelid Illuminator Bracer with Oath of Marr purity aug (Tier 1 raid wrist)
    AC: 179
    STR: +22+10 DEX: +20 STA: +27+12 CHA: +24+11 WIS: +28+13 INT: +20 AGI: +26+11 HP: +2714 MANA: +2851
    Combat Effects: +6 Shielding: +3% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +7 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +3% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +3% Attack: +25 HP Regen +4 Mana Regeneration: +5 Damage Shield: +3 Clairvoyance: +39 Spell Damage: +21 Damage Shield Mitigation: +2 Heal Amount: +25
    Required level of 95.
    Focus: Nacreous Strike I

Even without farming Oaths of Marr, regular armour can reach 100 purity easily through tradeable currency like chronobines, dream motes, brellium tokens, or the tradeable purity augs from the past two expansions.

Group

Regal Moonglade Armband, with Transcendent Wrist Symbol of Growth and Soloist Planar Wrist Seal of the Stargazer (Full group cultural)
    Purity: 75
    AC: 138
    STR: +22+7 DEX: +24+8 STA: +26+8 CHA: +24+7 WIS: +25+7 INT: +20+3 AGI: +26+8 HP: +2156 MANA: +2135 ENDUR: +2124
    SV FIRE: +45 SV DISEASE: +45 SV COLD: +45 SV MAGIC: +45 SV POISON: +45
    Combat Effects: +5 Shielding: +2% Spell Shield: +2% Avoidance: +5 Accuracy: +7 Stun Resist: +2% DoT Shielding: +2% Attack: +22 HP Regen +4 Mana Regeneration: +4 Damage Shield: +3 Clairvoyance: +27 Spell Damage: +16 Damage Shield Mitigation: +1 Heal Amount: +18
    Focus: Prismatic Blow II

Frightweave Bracer of the Light with Oath of Marr purity aug (Tier 4 group wrist)
    Purity: 80
    AC: 151
    STR: +22+7 DEX: +20 STA: +27+9 CHA: +24+8 WIS: +28+10 INT: +20 AGI: +26+9 HP: +2300 MANA: +2416
    Combat Effects: +4 Shielding: +2% Spell Shield: +2% Avoidance: +5 Accuracy: +7 Stun Resist: +2% Strikethrough: +1% DoT Shielding: +2% Attack: +19 HP Regen +3 Mana Regeneration: +4 Damage Shield: +2 Clairvoyance: +34 Spell Damage: +20 Damage Shield Mitigation: +1 Heal Amount: +24
    Required level of 100.
    Focus: Prismatic Blow III

Twilight Bracer of the Light with Oath of Marr purity aug (Tier 3 group wrist)
    AC: 145
    STR: +22+7 DEX: +20 STA: +27+9 CHA: +24+8 WIS: +28+9 INT: +20 AGI: +26+8 HP: +2225 MANA: +2337
    Combat Effects: +4 Shielding: +2% Spell Shield: +2% Avoidance: +5 Accuracy: +7 Stun Resist: +2% Strikethrough: +1% DoT Shielding: +2% Attack: +19 HP Regen +3 Mana Regeneration: +4 Damage Shield: +2 Clairvoyance: +32 Spell Damage: +18 Damage Shield Mitigation: +1 Heal Amount: +22
    Required level of 100.
    Focus: Prismatic Blow III

Distorted Bracer of the Light with Oath of Marr purity aug (Tier 2 group wrist)
    AC: 142
    STR: +22+7 DEX: +20 STA: +27+8 CHA: +24+8 WIS: +28+9 INT: +20 AGI: +26+8 HP: +2169 MANA: +2279
    Combat Effects: +4 Shielding: +2% Spell Shield: +2% Avoidance: +5 Accuracy: +7 Stun Resist: +2% Strikethrough: +1% DoT Shielding: +2% Attack: +19 HP Regen +3 Mana Regeneration: +4 Damage Shield: +2 Clairvoyance: +31 Spell Damage: +17 Damage Shield Mitigation: +1 Heal Amount: +20
    Recommended level of 100. Required level of 98.
    Focus: Prismatic Blow II

Boreal Bracer of the Light with Oath of Marr purity aug (Tier 1 group wrist)
    AC: 134
    STR: +22+6 DEX: +20 STA: +27+8 CHA: +24+7 WIS: +28+8 INT: +20 AGI: +26+7 HP: +2036 MANA: +2138
    Combat Effects: +4 Shielding: +2% Spell Shield: +2% Avoidance: +5 Accuracy: +7 Stun Resist: +2% Strikethrough: +1% DoT Shielding: +2% Attack: +19 HP Regen +3 Mana Regeneration: +4 Damage Shield: +2 Clairvoyance: +29 Spell Damage: +15 Damage Shield Mitigation: +1 Heal Amount: +19
    Recommended level of 95. Required level of 92.
    Focus: Prismatic Blow I

Once again, even without camping Oaths of Marr, it is easy to obtain 25 purity augs even without farming, via currency or the bazaar to have 75 purity, which is equal to a soloist auged cultural piece. Only tier one in each case is beaten by cultural.
  17. Kurayami Augur

This data was probably taken from HMana clerics, who of course only took 1 % of damage from melee as they died from it so fast they didn't have time to self heal or react, so was no chance for that % to go up any.

I agree with previous posts that the way you go really doesn't matter overall. However for that off chance an add spawns on your head or what have you, being able to survive a few rounds can very much be the difference between living and dying. I go AC primarily in gear and augs for my cleric, and if they want to throw some mana/hagi/hp in there, cool, but it isn't a real problem. I have never once gone oom from not having enough base mana or Heal Amount on my gear. Is always a death that wipes my mana out.

For those thinking that AC augs are a waste on non-tanks. Quit being silly, last I heard the aug droppers have an unlimited supply, enough for tanks and OTHER classes!
  18. Rogue Augur

Heal harder, people that say they never run oom probably aren't using renewals every time they pop
  19. Kurayami Augur

Yes, I know these people, they are the ones I ress and give quiet miracle to help the healing continue to keep flowing. I much prefer to use mine strategically in case of my own death, or to help a druid or pally out on a death. As far as the amount of heals go, mine are usually in the top 3 among all the healers, you would be surprised how far regular yaulping, that dark whatever illusion, and mana clickies will go. If you want to hit yours every time that's fine, but I find it wasteful and overall not a good way to play on a team.

That has been the main focus of this thread you know, everyone has their own ways of playing. Please quit advocating that your way is the only way :)
  20. Rogue Augur

Top 3? ouch.