Which aug stats do clerics prefer?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sirene_Fippy, May 13, 2013.

1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I've been away from live for several years, and am out of the loop on what stats clerics like to stack when it comes to augs.

Is it a good idea to go for some AC + HAgi augs over HWis?
    What about focusing on heal amount/clairvoyance? There are a few augs like this, but with no AC. What about HAgi with no AC (i.e. Medal of Honor, Crystallized Slug)? Is corruption even worth mentioning?

I rarely if ever find myself going oom, although mana regen, mana pres and a bigger mana pool may inadvertently encourage me to spend more. My cleric is not equipped to tank anything (~T1/T2 RoF group geared), but I've enjoyed this style of play in the past. I do not get hit often but when I do the chances of me surviving for long are not high.

Thanks for any input.
  2. mysticwitch New Member

Its more of a personal prefance of with way u perfer no way is wrong some stack ac while i perfer Hwis
  3. Crystilla Augur

A guildie of mine goes pure HWis.

A good friend of mine still goes pure AC (with the highest of either mana or hwis).

I tend to look for the highest mana which also has the highest hwis and my 3rd requirement is AC (to determine what it would replace) - AKA it might not have all 3 of those, but has to be higher than my lowest "similar" aug if that makes any sense. Although I tank much less now than I did two years ago.
  4. Mykaylla Augur

Depends on the cleric.

I personally aug for AC and heroic agility. After that, heal amount, spell damage, stamina, wisdom are noted, but it just doesn't usually get down that far.
    Clairvoyance I really don't worry about. Clairvoyance is a very very small proc chance, to get back the amount of mana you have in clairvoyance, but you can't exceed the cost of the spell you cast anyway, either. Heal amount doesn't modify light or group heal a lot, but if you use a lot of spells with recast timers (especially renewal with a long recast + a base cast higher than several others), it will modify your spells more. Spell damage, too, works best if you use things with decent cast + recast timers on it.
    CaRnon likes this.
  5. Adaire Lorekeeper

I've found that Focusing on the best of all the worlds is easiest, and honestly the difference in today's heal/cleric game between someone who ONLY loots AC upgrades vs someone who ONLY loots hwis upgrades vs someone who only loots friggin hdex (just a random stat chosen there) is so minor I look at the larger picture nowadays that I've typically gone with the "whatever is an upgrade" mentality suits me really well. Now bear in mind that's end game type and a raiding centric mentality...

What I mean is raiditem1 which is top mana and top hwis item vs raiditem2 which is top AC and top hagi is so minor that's it's almost unnoticeable, It's not like raiditem1 has NO AC and raiditem2 has no hagi... See what I mean...

Just go with the upgrades as ANY are available and concentrate on PLAYSTYLE more than gear is my motto...
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

Lately ive been going ac/hp/hsta/hagi augs must have ac and hp, only time i run out of mana is when im dead.
  7. CaRnon Augur

This is the way I am going with my augs also.. I used to be all about the mana/hWIS.. but now I am looking at the Hagi/AC lately. I know my magelo uses a ethereal PS to show more mana ... but in game I actually use a Metal Power source. I just do that cause of others in guild/server who rank clerics on magelo by their mana.. But personally I know that its not all about the mana that makes the cleric.. heck one of the top mana clerics on my server does not have one of our most important augs in game ( Anomalous Rock of Alteration ) So that person may have the highest mana on magelo.. but they may get issues with running low on mana because they do not have that aug.

/shrug... The way I look at it is a dead cleric can not heal... if I can last a round or two of a mob hitting me it should be enough time for a tank or such to pull a mob off me. But if I did not focus on AC as much I would usualy not last that round a tank may need to snag agro off me.

But to each their own.. No matter how a cleric decides to gear their selves is good as long as they are trying to improve them selves.. I am always trying to better myself/character. I may never be the best cleric in the game but as long keep trying to better myself I will never be the worst either.
  8. Destiney Grace New Member

As for me not having the Anomalous Rock of Alteration. I haven't had it to drop for me. But I focused my augs for heroic wisdom. I myself do not find myself running oom on raids. With QM-VP, using Yaulp and having the pray aug Mana is no issue for me.
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

I ditched my Anomalous Rock for the Helping Hand aug, haven't really found any issues yet.
  10. CaRnon Augur

11. Feradach Augur

Why waste an AC aug on a non-tank? If I'm not mistaken, with the soft cap that's in place for priests and casters any AC in a slot other than secondary isn't all that terribly effective. Just because the AC numbers are updated on the Inventory screen doesn't mean we're actually getting that much protection.
  12. Mykaylla Augur

Clerics are still a plate class, and have a return over soft cap equal to monks, rangers, and bards, behind knights and ahead of all the chain, silk, and the other two leather classes.
  13. Karhar Dream Crusher

Because i live longer than most clerics with no ac augs.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You live longer because you absolutely get as much benefit from AC as Rangers and Monks.
  15. Sowslow Elder

It is hard to "waste" an aug with AC on any class. The only augs without AC that I would pursue are ones with hagi, maybe a few with hsta but probably not.
    AC doesn't stop working over the cap, you continually get benefits so while it is diminished there is still a gain.

I don't know about cleric mana pools or regen but for shaman hwis has been useless for years as I cannot dump enough mana on burns to need a larger pool or better regen. Given that and hwis adds nothing inherently beneficial for survival puts it close to last on my last.

If you want to survive more get as much hagi, AC, hsta and hps you can. Those will help you survive melee and spell damage. If you find you need more mana, then maybe focus on more mana and hwis augs, but I doubt you will be lacking.
  16. Warpiggs Augur

On my Cleric (actually on all my toons), I try to spread out AC/Heroic Stamina/Agility/HP's. A cleric, or any other caster type class can have 900k mana, but it does no good if you're dead and waiting for a rez back to the raid, or summoning your body in the guild lobby.
    CaRnon likes this.
  17. fransisco Augur

If you auged for straight hp, you would get what, 2-3k hp? That is one soft hit from a group mob. Its pointless.
    Going for mana is the same thing, you use up all your augs for 1-2 spells worth of mana.

However, if you went straight AC, you give yourself a much better chance of mitigating some of those hits. Even if you mitigate 1 hit, it still saved you more life than the hp from augs would.
  18. Crystilla Augur

To the OP, I think the key thing here is you can see the varied answers and all of us are still able to do our job regardless of which avenue we take. So no real wrong answer from what's posted.
  19. CaRnon Augur

Well... Sorry but you are mistaken.... 8(

Using AC augs is not a waste. Yeah every class has a soft cap but its NOT a hard cap.. and having more AC over your soft cap still does increase your AC and is still a benefit to us.
    I am able to last a round or two longer then before I started to focus on AC/hAGI in my aug slots. And I still last longer then clerics who still don't use AC/hAGI in their augs.
  20. Rogue Augur

Focusing on AC is so 8 years ago. HP helps you survive everything (ae / melee damage), ae's being where 99% of the damage comes from on raids.
    Kaylord101 likes this.