Which 3 box for when I cannot find a group?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Muedaven, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Muedaven New Member

I am a returning player and will be rolling a Warrior. I've always wanted to play a Warrior and now that I can run with a healer merc it seems viable. I have been working a bit with an old Ranger I had from years again (PLing the warrior) and trying to find groups, but due to my sporadic play schedule I cannot get a group.
    So I have decide to create a 3 box group for those random times I need to just be able to accomplish something. I have access to 2 other accounts from a friend of mine who no longer plays.
    My question is, what would be best for the other 2 toons alone with my War? I was thinking Mage for the utility and added DPS from pet and spells. CotH seems pretty sweet for boxing/travel. But I am not set on that class, so what would you suggest for the other 2 with a War?
    Thank you
  2. Lokeda Journeyman

Enchanter I hear are easy to box along with Mages. I box Warrior and Cleric and not sure if I even want a 3rd but if I did it would most likely be enchanter. Yes a Wizard or Druid would be nice for transportation but I'm not overly concerned about that.
  3. Muedaven New Member

Doesn't just War and Cleric alone limit you on what and where you can exp? What about adds, pulling, DPS?
  4. reggatta New Member

Bard or enchanter with 2 mages is fun. I have used both combinations and like them for different reasons. Bard and enchanter are both good for pulling, and the enchanter is better for crowd control. I also like the twincast aura available to the enchanter at higher levels. Try out various combinations and choose the one that works best in your hands.
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

If you are playing a warrior I would definitely use an enchanter and druid as your other 2 boxes. That's going to be the most diverse and strongest box group IMO. There won't be anything you can't handle.
  6. Marilith New Member

I agree with Raptor.
  7. Graymane84 Journeyman

Pick 2 that sound like fun -) With 3 boxes you can merc the other 3 spots with DPS classes and a healer. I would pick 1 of bard or enchanter. The other one I would pick 1 of mage/wiz/druid.
  8. Vindicator Journeyman

SK for tank/puller, Druid for teleport/Damage shield/SoW/Nukes and DoTs/backup healing, and a pet class for DPS. Oh, and a merc healer and two DPS mercs.
  9. Garcielle Journeyman

Go 4 box. I use Mage, Ranger, Enchanter, Wizard. Many things die!! Easy to Box too, without add on software. Make Hot Keys in Game, and a separate EQ Game Directory for each account. You can also set the affinity for each Game instance to use a different CPU Core, if you have a Quad Core or better CPU.

Group will not be as easy to box. Use Warrior, Enchanter, (Wizard or Druid), (Ranger, Bard, Necromancer)
  10. Lokeda Journeyman

Mercs take care of the DPS for me, both my Warrior and Cleric have Sorc mercs. If I get a add then to be honest depending where I am, I can be fubared. But this is what I love about this game and honestly I don't want the be all, do all, push button group.

I like to think about the tactics that I'm going to have to use. Does this mean that sometimes I'm limited? I don't know so far I've been able to tackle what I want to go after. Now granted if there ever comes a time I 3 box, I'm pretty sure I would like enchanter to slow the mobs, mez and give my cleric some mana crack.
  11. Cheryberryfairy Elder

1 mage 2 wizards go!
  12. Essence New Member

Warrior combo for me is:

War - Dru - Enc

Mercs: Clr - DPS - War, optional Clr-DPS-DPSCast

With that combo there is always a second MT Assist, enough DPS, crowd control, a really essential buff station and transportation means or more DPS without MT Assist.

A real Cleric is essential in the higher game to beat group content. Clerics have AA abilities and some spells Mercs never get but they keep the warrior alive at the named. A mage earth pet might be a better choice as a tank and for effectiveness only the Mage/Wiz/Wiz combo might me the best DPS combo but to play a real Warrior is fun too and makes it easily possible with the right Cleric-Combo if you will also beat Named-content in TDS or TBM.

And you will have much fun to figure out how to optimize your box combo in older zones where no other players gets disturbed or disturbs you ;)