Where's the party?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CatsPaws, Apr 15, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have not found the Bristlebane machine, other than the ones in POK to start the quests which works fine.

Edit: nm just like always when I post it happens. Found him.
    Cazmac likes this.
  2. Melanippe Augur

Likewise on Bristlebane & Luclin & Prexus using the usual formula as well as adding and/or subtracting and zone hopping, am unable to locate the Party Machine.
  3. Khyrra Elder

Likewise on Ragefire haven't found the Party Machine and had no answer from General chat.
    Cazmac likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Someone posted it was 4 for the formula this year and that worked -
  5. Cazmac Augur

This year, if you consult Allakhazam, there are some new comments which I (on AB) have found useful. I fear, as time goes on, that this quest may become less popular and dropped but, if there is any kind of vote, then I shall support it to the best of my ability. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4827
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I doubt they will be dropping this one anytime soon since it is part of the 10th year anniversary and also part of 16 other quests which all combine to get a mount.

If they dropped one they would have to take out the entire anniversary quest line for that year.
    Cazmac likes this.
  7. Froglok Augur

Bristlebane's Party Machine will go from one zone to another, every real life server hour. The cycle is completed, every 20 real life hours, then it repeats again.

By “server” hour, I do mean a real life hour, but this hour is not based on the real time (it is not synchronized with the “top of the hour,” so to speak). Instead, it is based on server up time for the Plane of Knowledge.

To see how long PoK has been up, simply use the /up command in PoK.

Next you need to do a little math to determine where Bristlebane's Party Machine should be.

Example, if the zone has been running 15:02:28:46, that translates to 15 Days, 2 Hours, 28 minutes and 46 seconds. Ignore the minutes and seconds. Convert the days into hours (15 x 24 = 360) and then add in the hours (360 + 2 = 362). Now divided the 362 by 20 (362 / 20 = 18.1). The answer of 18 tells you he should be in the 18th zone on the list (below). If not, you can check 17th zone on the list (in case he hasn't quite changed over yet) or the 19th zone on the list (on the off chance that he has just moved on).

The sequence is: Steamfont, Butcherblock, Qeynos Hills, South Ro, Everfrost, Erudin, Feerrott, Field of Bone, Shar Vahl, Greater Faydark, Nektulos, Rathe Mountains, Misty Thicket, Natimbi, Highpass, Crescent Reach, Dragonscale Hills, Dawnshroud, Cobalt Scar and then Barren Coast.
    Cazmac likes this.
  8. Cazmac Augur

I do hope they don't drop it because it is maddening but fun! This year (2022), I have at least 3 alts on AB trying to complete last year's (or even older) traipsing around! The fireworks seem a little less brilliant this time around, so I hope that is not a sign!
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I agree, while irritating and super long (16 total quests) the roboboar is cool and kind of a tradition. But here is a tip I found - so the first part of the anniversary this year it was -4 on Tunare and after the patch it is now it is not minus any. This happened last year too - the last part of the equation can change after a patch