Where to Start Now?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by BlueberryWerewolf, Apr 22, 2019.

1. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Just curious. I caught the bug again after ten years. Been playing on Mangler for a couple weeks and am having a good time with it. I do, however, foresee a time where I am caught up on Mangler and may want to check out Live servers while waiting for new content to unlock.

Where does one even start now? Last I played, everything was kind of herded into Crescent Reach and the TSS progression as a base point to branch out from. Is that still the case? Last expansion I played was, I believe, Seeds of Destruction. Is there any real direction for exploring the newer content, or is it just sort of out there on a platter for you to pick and choose from as you go?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Only free account are stuck with Cresent Reach. Since you have all access/paid you can choose a home/starting city if you want when you create your character on live.

I suggest do the tutorial in Gloomingdeep- then continue the tutorial in POK with Scaelana not sure if that is the right name but she is right by the Cresent Reach stone and can be found using your find key. People think it takes too much time to do those but you earn some cool items you need, exp and plat etc.

Next you can bring up your achievement window and on the left is a list of tasks and stuff to follow on your "Hero's Journey" if you want to do that, or at level 20 you can go see Teek in POK and start doing dailys.

Yes it's like a platter. Pick what you want. Look up cool augs or weapons and go get em!
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Come to FV and you wont have to grind your face into the sander for 100 levels.
    BlueberryWerewolf and CatsPaws like this.
  4. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Nice. Are those the same PoK quests from however long ago or is there a newer low level quest line to follow?

I certainly don't have any issue running around and finding things to do. If I do move over to Live once I feel caught up on Mangler I just don't want to be languishing in old content because I don't know anything about the ten years that have happened since I stopped playing.
  5. Gaussian New Member

Ive had the same thought lately. I left right about PoP. Been boxing on Mangler and when doing research to figure it all out again I see all this stuff like mercenaries and various other intriguing things that are giving me an itch for live but haven't got a d*** clue where to begin, what server I wouldn't be so far behind on it would be utterly hopeless to become relevant etc.
  6. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Mercenaries were absolute garbage when I last played but apparently are decent while you're leveling now hehe
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That's why I recommend the tutorial - you get free merc for a few levels and it teaches you about other changes in the game. Mercs are pretty good till about level 80-90 then you need to starting paying for EQ and get the top merc the "J5"

So you can play quite a few levels free and playing around with which merc - healer or tank or caster is best for your playstyle before you make a commitment. I like healer cause being a ranger I like to tank:eek: But my box crew runs a tank merc and does well up to 108. A lot depends on the mobs you are fighting also.

8. Buri Augur

Well, technically that's not entirely true. I've been on a paid account for 20 years, and since I started in Freeport which got revamped, they put me in Crescent Reach and I've been stuck there ever since. Submitted several petitions about it, which all got ignored.
  9. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

If I remember from when TSS launched, you have to choose at character creation whether you start in Crescent Reach or your classic starting city and then you can't change it after the fact.

Though perhaps a petition would work.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Couple things happened here on the starting city stuff.

Free to play was made and all free accounts had starting city set to Cresent Reach

Those with old accounts who returned to the game were given "silver" status and some of them defaulted to Cresent Reach as starting city. Dev's put a command thru "/setstartcity that players could use one time to correct that. They since have removed that command from the game.

Now when you make a character it will depend on if your paid or free. Paid you get to choose starting city - Free is Cresent Reach.

Petitions will not change it anymore.

But starting city is not that important any longer. You can still go to it and do the quests and there are so many port options its real easy to get around. Other than when you use "origin" but POK is a short walk from CR
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ugh that wasn't real clear lol. When the old accounts returned and were given "silver" status they were also made free and that is why so many of them morphed to CR as starting city - the game thought they were normal free accounts. And that is why that command was put in for a while.
  12. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Not the biggest deal aside from where Origin sends you, I suppose.