Where to level at 60?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Culan, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Culan Journeyman

I tried going to the level 60 hotzone, sunderock springs, but that place does not seem worth it. The mobs have a ridiculous amount of HP compared to how much dmg I do at 60.
  2. Trevor Elder

3. Cakeny Augur

You should be in older expansion zones. Crypt of Decay is a good spot. Might be able to do some stuff in Plane of Fire.
  4. Yther Augur

There are lots of places at that level. I prefer Greig's End, but Acrylia Caverns and other Luclin zones are good. Many PoP zones are good as well: CoD already mentioned, HoH, BoT, and PoF. If these are a bit slow or too tough, try some Kunark or Velious zones, and/or get the best Tank merc you can (Journeyman Tier 1 preferrably), which can easily slaughter GE at that level.

Yther Ore.
  5. Culan Journeyman

Thanks. Think it is just time to move on from EQ1. I had forgotten how slow progress was in this game at upper levels.
  6. Cakeny Augur

Can be slow depending on how you play, but is rewarding IMO.
  7. Abazzagorath Augur

Plane of Nightmare in the mephit caves isn't bad.
  8. Piemastaj Augur

Your not at the upper levels. This game is going to be hitting level 100 in a month.

Progess is slow at lower levels because the general population is at max level or close to it.

Going through Planes zones are pretty solid exp.
  9. Culan Journeyman

The planes xp is awful compared to the hotzones to 55. And what you are telling me is that it only gets worse since I am not close to upper levels. That's encouraging.
  10. Cakeny Augur

Planes xp is actually much better, since you can kill faster.
  11. Yther Augur

They're saying it's not bad at your level. No you won't make 40+ levels in a day without some help, like you can 1-50, but having to wait a few days to gain another 10 levels is not a big deal, nor is it to get a few 100 AAs in there instead of 10 levels. If it were easy enough to get to 100 (soon) and 5K+ AAs in a week or two (not that you can't anyway with being PLed, but meant on your own), I doubt anyone playing the game now would be playing, as it'd be another blow off easy game.

Anyway, if you really do want to stick with it (doesn't sound that way), you can level pretty fast upto 80+ (maybe higher now, I haven't spent much time post 85) and several 1000 AAs, and it continually gets easier. Most people enjoy the 60s, due to the amount of content in-game. From Kunark to SoF (expansion 1 to 14) expansions has content appropriate to those levels. And 60s is when, by today's standard, you actually start playing a toon, as before that mercs do all the work for you.

Just strange that people, think the game is so slow or hard, when it's 1000s times faster and easier than it used to be (at least 10 times, at a minimum). I don't know, I must just be in a mood. :p

Have fun, if you can, and if you can't, then don't play. That's my philosophy on all games.

Yther Ore.
  12. Pizacatto - CT Augur

The older the expansions, the less hit points the mobs have, but should be the same experience. I personally like Old Seb, the lower areas near Trak, but, you run out of blues pretty quick down there. Hot zones give the most XP, and I tend to stick to them. At level 60, it's Sunder Rock Springs, off of Goru'Kar Mesa. I have a 62 Monk I am taking through there and I get levels pretty quick.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

It's not slow, you're just doing it wrong. =P
  14. jarsh92 Elder

Let us know what class you are and how you are currently playing. There could be a better way and better place that will work better for your class.

If you are soloing/moloing....yeah its going to slow down quite a bit. But finding a group or adding another player with a merc should help to get you more exp faster.

If you think its bad now, wait until you get into the 80's and 90's.
  15. ntellect Augur

This isn't WoW. You aren't going to race to max level in EQ. Its going to take time, especially if you want to grind out AA for extra customization. EQ is all about the journey. Sit back and enjoy. Check out some new zones. Try some missions or achievements.

But understand EQ is not for everyone. Hope you find what satiates your interests.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  16. Piemastaj Augur

I am telling you exactly what I said, your no where near the top of the level chain, therefore grouping opportunities are VERY limited. Meaning you will be stuck soloing or moloing which is slower then grouping. When you start hitting the 80s or 90s you might be able to start getting into groups for better exp.

Like people have said EXP per mob may be slower or equal, but your killing mobs faster in older content. Meaning your overall EXP gain is faster. Planes has always and will always be a leveling route for my alts, they have lower HP and exp is solid.

Depending on your class, you probably lack AAs, not every class can survive while bypassing AAs for levels. Getting some core AAs will do wonders for your soloability.

Everquest is no where near easy mode, but it is like 10 times faster leveling then it was.
  17. Cakeny Augur

The barometer for xp gain is xp per time unit, not xp per kill.
  18. Agrippa Augur

For a monk twink, Splitpaw was hard to beat from 55th to 75th. I think spells start landing at 55th. Most mobs are 65ish, but very low hit points and don't hit very hard.
  19. Cakeny Augur

You're an evil man to recommend that maze of a zone.
  20. Piemastaj Augur

Killing faster directly effects that. That is why it is the better exp to kill a bunch of light blues vs red cons, your killing faster.

And, while that is true most people would rather see how much per 1 kill and not how much per 1 hour.

But have fun playing an easier game, your trying to over complicate a simple game.