Where to level 101-110+

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kalipto, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Kalipto Augur

Hey community,

Me and a pal came back to the game last month. We're playing pal/zerk and are currently poking our way through Shard's Landing quests that take us into the expansion zones. It's taking a very long time to level up off of these quests.

Is there a faster/better way to level up in this range? A good grinding spot, perhaps with undead? Or are we doing it the fastest way with these quests?
    Aanuvane likes this.
  2. Scorrpio Augur

At 100, most HAs should be quite good xp. Check with Clayton Teek in PoK. You likely will not be able to do EoK ones, and TDS ones will require progression. But all CotF and TBM HAs should be doable.
  3. Eggolas Augur

Assuming that you are currently at 101, start with CotF HAs, possibly those from Gribble in the Dead Hills. Quite a few undead in many of the scenarios. You can also work through some of the progression in CotF for Heroic points (under the special tab). I found them to be better than Chapterhouse of the Fallen for my Paladin. Once you hit 105, there are other avenues such as Frontier Mountains or you can continue with HAs.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Petalonyx Augur

Gribble Heroic Adventures o 105/106. Then pick up conflag.
  5. Aanuvane Augur

Repeated Gribbles are mind numbing, but one path for sure.

I PL'd a buff army (cleric, beast, ranger, shaman, pally, enchanter) from 85 - 110 mostly by doing dailies (kill counts and HAs) and then doing all progression in CoTF and lower level progression in TDS. With collections along the way it was pretty easy. Granted, I was using two 110 toons with 110 mercs and just dragging one extra character along at a time until each got to 110....but it still seems like it would have been doable with a couple chars level appropriate for the content. that's also how I got the base chars from 105 to 110...

Also conflagrant gear is still pretty expensive in the bazaar, at least on Povar. I'd use whatever is dropping from the expansions if you can stand it and then go straight to faded snowbound at 110 if you can wait it out (and you have the expansion).
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This!

Pretty much from CotF onwards you are going to want to work on progression in all zones to get the heroic AAs.

Many of the HAs are easy, my favourites are Bixie :)

Have fun. :)
  7. SunDrake Augur

This was my experience also. I got two characters to 110 late in TBL and Conflag wasn't as plentiful as it once was. I waited on ToV to drop and got Faded Snowbound, which was ultra plentiful. Having gotten a couple sets I can say that you wouldn't have to have ToV based on what I'm seeing. The Velium for the combine is sold in Froststone, but is tradeable. The emblems can be purchased in PoK and the armor from the bazaar.
  8. Grove Augur

Shard's Landing (beginning zone of expansion Rain of Fear) was a very attractive zone for leveling, so much so that when the less desirable expansion Call of the Forsaken came out players continued to level in those older zones. Seeing their hard work being disparaged, and encouraging players to move on developers nerfed the experience in Shard's Landing (and maybe the whole expansion). This bonk fell on characters 101 and higher. It was the first (to my knowledge) of downward revisions of old experience upon incoming harder zones.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty sure House of Thule exp was nerft when VoA came out.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Kalipto Augur

Thanks for all the advice. We went to Dead Hills and did HA's there. They were around 6-8% per mission. So we'd need to do roughly 71 of them to hit 105 (assuming the xp doesn't slow).

That's pretty much 24 hours in-game for 101-105. At 2 hours a day it'll take almost 2 weeks just to get to 105. If 106-115 is the same speed then it'll take about a month and a half to hit level cap. That seems slower than I remember EQ being.

Is this just how these later expansions are now? or am I missing something? I remember playing CoTF when it launched and I had hit level cap in 2-3 days, not weeks.
  11. Fredescu Augur

Pretty sure it's quicker to do the bonus HAs from Teek first, and only do Gribble if you have time to spare afterwards. They do take longer, but it gets better once you get to know them, and there is a lot more variety so it doesn't feel so much like a grind.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That's EQ, friend.

If all you want to do is max level in the shortest time possible, test different hunting grounds. Different zones and mobs will impact your group differently. Play your group's strengths. Gribbles is vomit-worthy. I simply cannot believe people run them ad nauseam still today just for XP at any level. Do them once and move on. There is so much to see and do in-game.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Forget just doing Gribbles - they are not what they used to be, especially at your level. Go to Teek and get the two daily Bonus HA and if they are in the Gribble area then that's fine - do them. If you can zone into whichever ones they are and they are not FM (I don't think you can do those yet) the bonus exp is very nice. As you know it comes at the end when you finish the task.

All collectable achievements award exp or AA. While this won't be a ton it is well worth it to collect those. Tainted Karana is very easy as they are laying right out in the open. Shards landing is another easy grab. Look for those shinny things on the ground.
  14. Rapidan Journeyman

Sounds like an xp nerf bat hit DH HA, or at least those from Gribble. Used to do the third, hit lesson on hail and then immediately do the next two under the lesson. Worked with a good group. The rest of the HAs are worth doing, especially for the Heroic character points.
  15. Scorrpio Augur

There are lots of cool HAs available, but for many if them you really want a form of CC or a splitting puller. Pally can pacify in some cases, but there are quite few HAs that tend to spawn mobs right on top of you, so you either need to CC or tank multiples. Gribbles are mega boring but barely need any CC.
  16. Raptorjesus5 Augur

There really isn't much of a reason to hunker down and grind on mobs anymore, unless that's just what you enjoy. Start with COTF and work on progression (Heroic AAs). You will level up without even feeling like you are grinding, while also getting lots of loot upgrades over the course of it.